Fix Screen Flickering In Windows 10
Screen flickering is a common problem that usually occurs due to faulty drivers, hardware issues, or incompatible apps. However, with the appropriate solutions, you can fix the trouble like a professional. In this article, let us learn the solutions on how to Fix Screen Flickering In Windows 10. Try out all the troubleshooting methods one by one and see if you can fix the issue.
Diagnose The Problem Via Task Manager
In order to determine whether the issue exists with the display driver or an incompatible application, you need to open Task Manager and see if it flickers or not. Based on that inference, you need to deal with the device driver or incompatible application. Refer to these instructions to check if Task Manager flickers or not.
- Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously.
- If Task Manager starts flickering along with the screen, it signifies that the problem exists with the device driver. In that case, refer to the "Update the device driver" section and implement the solutions accordingly.
- The problem lies with an incompatible application if Task Manager doesn't flicker. In that instance, you need to uninstall the incompatible application. Refer to the "Update/Reinstall an application" section and implement the solutions to fix your trouble.
Update The Device Driver
- To begin with, start your computer in safe mode.
- Click Start and search for Device Manager.
- When it shows you the results, click on the right option.
- When directed to the Device Manager section, expand the Display adapters section.
- Now, right-click on the listed adapter and select the Uninstall device option.
- Next, select Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall. Then, restart your Windows computer.
- Once your computer restarts, press the Windows and I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
- Now, click Update & Security> Windows Update> Check for updates. If it shows you any updates, install them and ensure that your screen is not flickering anymore.
Update/reinstall An Application
- Some apps and utilities may not be compatible with Windows 10 OS. As a result, your screen will start flickering. Therefore, uninstalling or updating the application can help you tackle the trouble efficiently.
- To uninstall an incompatible application, click Start and select Settings> Apps> Apps & features.
- Scroll down the list and locate the app you are going to uninstall. Then, select the app and click Uninstall> Uninstall. On the confirmation screen, click Yes.
- Once you uninstall the application, restart your computer and see if the flickering screen problem is resolved.
- If the uninstalled app is quite important and you can't give up on it, you can go ahead and update the application. In many instances, updating the software can fix compatibility issues.
- Therefore, once you uninstall the app, get the updated application, install it on your Windows 10 computer, and ensure that your problem is fixed.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you Fix Screen Flickering In Windows 10. In case you still cannot rectify the problem, reach our technical experts for real-time assistance. You can use the Call button for this purpose.Contact Us