How to Amazon Echo Dot Error 7?
Amazon Echo Dot error 7 is a Wi-Fi connectivity error occurring.
Carry out the steps that are given below to fix the issue.
- Place the Amazon Echo Dot device within the range of the router.
- Remove any devices like microwaves, Bluetooth, and electronic devices between the Wi-Fi router and Amazon Echo Dot device, as it may interfere with the range of the network.
- Ensure that you have connected to the wireless network using the correct password.
- If you have changed your password recently, update the Wi-Fi password in the Echo Dot device's Wi-Fi settings.
- Open the Alexa application on your smartphone and select Devices.
- Now, tap Echo & Alexa and touch the Change option next to the Wi-Fi network.
- Change the network password by following the instructions on the screen.
- In case you have connected multiple devices to the same network, remove some devices and connect the Amazon Echo Dot device.
- If you are using a dual-band router, connect the Amazon Echo Dot device to the 5 GHz band.
- If the issue persists, restart your wireless router and Amazon Echo Dot device.
- Also, restart your connected device.
- If the Amazon Echo Dot Error 7 appears again, launch the Alexa app and go to Wi-Fi settings. Then, select the "Forget the network" option.
- Deregister the device the Alexa app and register it again to check whether the issue is resolved.
- Update the firmware of the router to the latest version using the web setup page of the router.
- Reset the Amazon Echo Dot device to erase all the settings.
- Now, try connecting the device to a mobile hotspot and check whether you can access your device.
- If there is no error while connecting the mobile hotspot, the issue lies with your Wi-Fi router.
- Fix the issue on the router and connect the Amazon Echo Dot device to your network.