Fix echo dot registration failure error
The Echo Dot is the most recent addition to the series of voice-controlled computing devices from Amazon. Similar to all the other devices in the series, the Amazon Echo Dot will connect to the Alexa Voice Service. Once it is connected, the Echo Dot will respond to your questions or commands. The Amazon Echo Dot Registration Failure error is quite a commonly-occurring one. As the name indicates, you will come across this error when you have an issue in registering a device or an app to the Amazon account.
First of all, why does this error pop up?
There might be a variety of reasons for the error popping up. However, there are a few common reasons due to which you will encounter the Amazon Echo Dot Registration Failure error. They are:
- Your Amazon device (or product) has been reported as stolen/lost.
- The Amazon device is defective.
- Amazon might have shipped a device that has a duplicate serial number.
In the above cases, the device/product will be our Amazon Echo Dot.
Next, we need to look at the troubleshooting tips and techniques which would help in resolving the issue. But before we do that, some initial conditions have to be satisfied. The following is a list of those conditions:
- First, check whether your Amazon Echo Dot is of the latest updated version.
- Next, ensure that you have entered the Amazon login information correctly.
- Check if the Echo Dot is placed at a minimum of eight inches from your windows and walls.
- Confirm that you have placed the Echo Dot away from any type of electronic appliances.
- Finally, make sure that the minimum bandwidth requirements to stream through Alexa are met with. Here, we are referring to the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands.
Let us now go ahead with the troubleshooting tips to resolve the Amazon Echo Dot Registration Failure error:
The first step is to restart your Amazon Echo Dot. To do this, you have to follow these steps:
- By making use of a paper clip, press and hold the Reset button on your device for 5 seconds.
- Now, you need to wait for the light ring to turn off and then turn blue.
- When you find that the light ring has turned orange, you can be sure that the Echo Dot has entered into the setup mode.
- Now, go to your Alexa app and open it. Attempt to register your Echo Dot once more.
If the echo dot registration failure error persists, move on to the next step.
- At this stage, turn off your modem. Please wait for 30 seconds and then restart it.
- Perform the same for your router also.
- From the Amazon Echo Dot unplug the power adapter, wait for 3 seconds and then plug it back in.
Even after completing all the above instructions, if you find the error popping up again, then consider the steps given below:
- First, log in to your Amazon Echo Dot.
- When you see the Advanced tab, click on it.
- Under Advanced, from the left menu, choose the Setup option. After that, click on WAN Setup.
- Go to the option that says, Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection. Select the checkbox provided next to this option.
- Finally, click the Apply button.
When you have finished the above steps and find that the problem persists, you have one more option. That is to try connecting your Amazon Echo Dot to a different network. Once you have connected the device to another network, the error should be taken care of. We have now discussed the reasons for the occurrence of the Amazon Echo Dot Registration Failure error. We have also looked into some solutions to get rid of the error.