How to fix Amazon Echo Dot Language Error?
Amazon Echo Dot is a smart speaker that listens to the user’s voice commands with the assistance of the built-in Alexa Voice Assistant. The Amazon Echo Dot Language Error is a common error experienced by many Amazon Echo Dot users.
If you wish to fix this error, follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned on this site.
- The first and foremost step is to reboot your Amazon Echo Dot device when it says language error.
- Open the browser on your mobile and log in to your Amazon account.
- Once you have logged in to your account with the help of login credentials, click the Settings tab.
- Next, select Manage your content and devices.
- Check whether you have mentioned a US address in the Address field.
- If the Address field is empty, create a new dummy US address.
- If you have not mentioned a US residential address, change it first.
- Next, open the Alexa app and restart the connection process of the Echo Dot device.
- Set the English (US) language as the default language on your Alexa app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Echo Dot device to Wi-Fi.
- Once you connect your Echo Dot device to Wi-Fi, the language pack will be downloaded automatically.
- It may take around 30 minutes to complete the download.
- If you have already registered the Amazon Echo Dot device with your Alexa app, deregister it by navigating to Settings on your Alexa app.
- Select your Amazon Echo Dot device name and tap the Device is registered to option.
- Once again, log in to your Amazon account and change the country settings based on your wish.
- Open the Alexa app again and re-register your Echo Dot device with the new language setup (same as the country settings on your Amazon account).
- Now, check if the Amazon Echo Dot Language Error has been resolved.