How To Fix Amazon Echo Dot Network Error?
Amazon Echo Dot is a smart speaker that responds to your voice and performs accordingly. When the device encounters network issues, there are chances that the device can perform different actions or not perform any action at all. You can understand the device is facing a problem when the ring outlet on the device is glowing violet. Continue to read to know more about the Amazon Echo Dot network error and the different solutions to resolve it.
1. Check Wi-Fi signal
- If your Amazon device does not connect to the network, check the status of the Wi-Fi network signal.
- If you find that the Wi-Fi signal is unstable, place the Amazon device near the signal range.
- If the signal is weak even now, restart the wireless router and make sure the router broadcasts the network.
- When you find any big electronic products near the Echo device, shift the device and check the connection.
2. Power off and power up the device
- Unplug the power cord from the Amazon Echo speaker to turn it off.
- After a few minutes, reconnect the device to the power and try to connect it to the Wi-Fi network to resolve Amazon Echo Dot network error.
3. Verify the device pairing
- Open the Alexa app on the mobile and navigate to the Settings menu. Check if the Amazon Echo Dot device is paired.
- If not, choose the right Amazon Echo Dot device and add it to the app.
- Modify the other settings if needed and pair up the device to the app account.
4. See the wireless network credentials
- Before you connect the device to the network, make a note of the network name and password.
- If you are using the wrong Wi-Fi network name and password, you cannot connect your device to the network.
- But if the Amazon Echo Dot network error problem occurs when you try to connect the Echo device to the wireless network even when the credentials are right, then disconnect and reconnect the device.