How To Do Amazon Echo Dot Setup?
The Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker can be set up effortlessly with the help of the Alexa app. This smart speaker can help you in creating shopping lists, set alarms, and reminders. It also helps you manage smart lights, locking systems, and thermostats. You can easily pair your phone with the Amazon Echo Dot and make calls through voice commands. The Amazon Echo Dot device can be paired not only to the mobile operating systems but also to the Windows and Mac OS. Go through the directions given below for Amazon Echo dot setup.
For android/ ios device:
- On your smartphone, open the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Type Amazon Alexa in the search field and tap the search button.
- Tap Install (Android) or Get (iOS) to download and install the app.
- The Alexa app will be installed on your smartphone.
- Plug the Amazon Echo Dot device to the power source and wait for a couple of minutes for the Echo Dot to light up.
- Once you see the light turn blue on the device, it means the Echo Dot device is ready to use.
- You will hear a voice from the Echo Dot device saying, “The Device is ready for setup.”
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone to set up the Echo Dot device.
- Press and hold the Dot button on the Echo Dot device for more than 5 seconds.
- You will now see the Echo Dot device on the Alexa app. Select your device from the list.
- The device will be added to the app.
- You will now be able to connect the Amazon Echo Dot device to your home wireless network.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your smartphone, select your wireless network, and enter the password.
- The Amazon Echo Dot device is now set up and ready to use.
- You can test the connection by saying, “Alexa, tell the time.” You will get the proper reply the very next second.
Now you will have more options and tasks to perform efficiently with the help of the Amazon Echo Dot setup devices.