Arlo Camera Not Connecting To App
Arlo became an industry leader in the world of home security cameras. One of the main reasons for this is, it is the first of many to introduce an LTE-enabled camera. Kudos to the wireless cameras and the excellent range; Arlo stands on top.With a vast lineup of Wi-Fi security cameras that are extensive and feature-rich, Arlo has a high-definition video, motion detection, 2-way audio, built-in sirens, spotlights and night vision. These Arlo security cameras are especially useful for monitoring property and packages from vehicles. The cameras are quite compact and since they are wireless, the cameras can be mounted anywhere.Despite being one of the best security cameras, Arlo has some issues that come along with it. These problems do not happen overnight. One such issue is that the Arlo Camera Not Connecting To App. The solution to this problem is quite simple.Before you go ahead with the troubleshooting fixes, make sure to check the following.The smartphone is connected to the same wireless network as the base station.
Fix 1: Uninstall & Reinstall Arlo App
The best way to resolve the issue if the Arlo camera is not connecting to the app is to uninstall and Install Arlo Security Camera. The app is compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Arlo app.
- When the Arlo page opens, tap the Uninstall button.
- Wait for the uninstallation to get over.
- Tap the Install button to install the app again.
- Locate the Arlo app on your iPhone.
- Long press the app until you see it shake.
- Tap the X button.
- Open the App Store and download the Arlo app.
- Connect the app to the base station.
Fix 2: Reset Base Station
- Have a pin or a paperclip ready.
- Make sure the Arlo base station is powered on.
- Place the paperclip into the reset button and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- Once the reset is complete, the LED light on the base station will flash amber (indicates the base station is rebooting).
- Once the Internet and the Power LEDs are green, open the Arlo app and log in to your account.
- Tap the New System Setup button and follow the on-screen commands.
Fix 3: Check Battery Status In Camera
There can be issues with the battery that could cause the Arlo camera to not connect to the app. The best solution is to check the batteries in the camera and replace them if necessary.
- Log in to your Arlo account.
- Click the Settings option and check the battery status. If batteries are low, replace them.
- Hold the camera at the bottom.
- Press and slide the battery latch on top of the camera body.
- Make sure to check if the batteries are properly placed inside.
- If you feel it's due to the batteries, replace them. Follow the + and – sign inside the panel and finish replacing them.
Fix 4: Sync Camera To Base Station
- Make sure the cameras are within the proximity range of the base station (1 to 3 feet approximately).
- Press and hold the Sync button on the base station for about 2 seconds and release it.
- Wait for the sync status LED to light green.
- Now, press and hold the Sync button on the camera for about 2 seconds and then release it.
- The LED on the camera will slowly start blinking. Once the blinking goes rapid, the sync is confirmed.
If you still have queries on Arlo Camera Not Connecting To App, feel free to contact us.