How To Perform Brother Mfc J497dw Setup?
The Brother MFC-J497DW printer is truly designed for small home or office use. This printer allows you to perform printer-related operations such as print, scan, copy, and fax over a wireless, wired, or USB cable connection. It is quite simple and easy to set up and use the printer. This article covers how to perform the Brother MFC J497DW setup for the first time.
Step-by-step instructions to perform the Brother MFC-J497DW printer setup
Step 1: Unpack the product box
- Open the top cover of the box.
- Take the Brother MFC-J497DW printer, quick setup guide, product safety guide, starter ink cartridges, installation disc, power cord, and telephone line cord out of the box.
Step 2: Unpack the printer
- Place your Brother printer on a table and remove all the packing tapes and materials present inside and outside the printer.
- After unpacking the printer, place it close to an electrical outlet and begin the Brother MFC-J497DW printer setup as discussed below.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Get the paper type that is recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- Pull out the paper tray of your Brother printer.
- Raise the output tray cover.
- Load the paper in the input tray correctly. Lower the output paper tray cover.
- Place the paper tray back into your printer.
Step 4: Turn on the printer
- Get your printer’s power cord.
- Connect the power cord between a power outlet and your Brother printer.
- Raise your printer’s control panel.
- Turn on your printer.
- Once your printer turns on and becomes stable, configure the printer settings by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 5: Install cartridges
- Get the starter ink cartridges provided along with the printer package.
- Now, open the cartridge cover of your Brother MFC-J497DW printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges.
- Locate the cartridge slots and install all the cartridges one-by-one into their slots.
- After installing all the cartridges properly, close the cartridge cover. Brother Mfc J497dw Setup is almost done.
Step 6: Set the printer settings
- As soon as the ink cartridges are installed, the printer will start the initial cleaning process, and it may take few seconds or several minutes to complete.
- Once the initial cleaning is completed, check your printer’s print quality by printing a test page. To do so, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you have configured your printer settings, move on to the next step of the Brother MFC-J497DW printer setup.
Step 7: Configure the fax settings
- If you wish to use your Brother printer for the fax operation, then connect it to a telephone wall outlet using the provided phone cord.
- Now, go to the printer's Settings section.
- Configure the fax settings as per your desire.
- Save the configured settings.
Step 8: Install the printer driver
- To complete the Brother MFC-L497DW printer setup, you have to install the printer driver on your computer.
- Insert the installation disc or open the downloaded Brother MFC-J497DW printer driver file to begin the software installation.
- When prompted, choose the software, connection type, and other settings as per your desire.
- Install the printer software by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the printer setup is done correctly.
- Now we have seen how to perform Brother Mfc J497dw Setup.
To get remote assistance in performing the same, click the Call us button provided on this page.