Brother Mfc L8900cdw Wireless Setup
When you configure your printer for wireless communication, you can print your documents on the go. If you want to configure your Brother Mfc l8900cdw Wireless Setup communication, continue reading this article. On this web page, we will show you how to connect your printer to your wireless network and to your computer. With all that said, let's learn the procedure in detail.
Connect Printer To Wireless Router
The Brother MFC L8900cdw printer lets you connect it to your router via WPS and Wi-Fi Setup Wizard. You can go for the WPS method if you have a WPS-enabled router. If not, you can proceed with the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard method.
Connect Via Wps
When you connect your devices via WPS, you don't need to input your router's password at any point, and this makes the process the easiest one. Follow these instructions to proceed further.
- On your printer control panel, press Settings> All Settings> Network> WLAN> WPS.
- When the Enable WLAN? message appears on the screen, choose Yes. This starts the wireless setup wizard on your printer.
- When prompted, press your router's WPS button. A connection will be established between your printer and router within a short duration.
- And, your printer shows the Connected message on its LCD screen.
- Despite having a WPS-enabled router, if you can’t locate the WPS button, you can go ahead with the WPS PIN method.
- To do this, press Settings on your printer control panel and select All Settings> Network> WLAN> WPS w/ PIN Code.
- When the Enable WLAN? message appears on the screen, select Yes.
- Now, your printer shows you an eight-digit PIN on its LCD screen. Note down this PIN and then open your router's configuration utility.
- Navigate to the WPS section and enter the PIN in the respective field.
- This is how you should connect your printer and router via the WPS-PIN method.
In case you don't have a WPS-enabled router, proceed with the next section.
Connect Via Wi-fi Setup Wizard
- On your printer control panel, press Settings> All Settings> Network> WLAN> Setup Wizard.
- When the Enable WLAN? message appears, press Yes.
- Now, your printer shows you a list of available networks.
- Pick your router's SSID and enter the password in the respective field.
- If you cannot locate your router's name, enter the credentials manually.
That's it. You have connected your printer to your router's network. Now, it's time to connect your printer to your computer.
How To Connect Printer And Computer
You need the driver to connect your printer and computer. The following instructions will show you how to download and install the software on your computer.
- Visit Brother's website from your default browser.
- Input Brother MFC L8900cdw in the search area and press Enter.
- When you are directed to the product support page, click Downloads.
- Now, your OS will be detected, and the compatible software will be displayed.
- Pick the software you prefer and click on it.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button on the page that appears.
- Within a few seconds, the chosen driver will be downloaded to your computer.
- Now, locate the software and run the setup file to begin the installation.
- If User Account Control pops up, click Yes to proceed further.
- When prompted, pick the connection type as Wireless connection.
- Since you have already connected your printer to your router's network, the installer will identify the credentials. It will then establish a communication between your printer and computer.
- Go ahead with the on-screen instructions and finish off the installation.
- Hereafter, you can use this software to access your printer wirelessly.
You have seen how to perform the Brother MFC L8900cdw wireless setup.
In case you have further queries, just get in touch with our technical experts using the Call button.Contact Us