Built-in Driver Failed To Install In Windows 10
Windows built in drivers are easy to access and install on your computer. If the built in driver failed to install in Windows 10, try performing the troubleshooting solutions given on this page. If troubleshooting is not your cup of tea, let our technical experts handle it. All you got to do is click the call option on this page and connect with our experts for assistance in troubleshooting the issue.
If you would like to troubleshoot the issue on your own, get started with the steps given below.
Run The Hardware And Devices Troubleshooter
This method is simple but effective. Here, we have given the steps to access and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in two ways.
Using Control Panel
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Type ‘control’ in the search field and click to open Control Panel from the search results.
- Go to the top-right corner and click the View by option.
- Pick the Large icons option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Troubleshooting tab and select the View all option from the left-side panel.
- Next, click the Hardware and Devices button.
- Select Advanced --> Run as Administrator --> Next.
- Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter and fix the issue with the built-in driver that failed to install in Windows 10.
Using Windows Settings
- First, press the Windows + I shortcut keys to open the Settings app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click the Update & Security tab in the Settings window.
- Select the Troubleshoot option from the left-side panel.
- Expand Hardware and Devices from the available list.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button and carry out the on-screen instructions.
Run The Sfc And Dism Scans
- Open the Start menu and type ‘cmd’ in the search field.
- Right-click the Command Prompt app from the search results and select Run as administrator.
- If the device prompts for User Account Control, click the Yes button.
- In the Command Prompt window, input the command sfc /scannow and hit the Enter key.
- Wait until the scan is completed.
- Restart Command Prompt and type the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth command. Hit the Enter key.
- Input the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and press Enter to run the DISM scan.
- Exit Command Prompt and reboot your PC.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
The above troubleshooting methods should fix the built in driver failed to install in Windows 10. If you are stuck during the troubleshooting process, connect with our experts and tackle the situation in a few minutes.