Canon G3200 Troubleshooting
This webpage covers the commonly faced Canon G3200 printer problems and the troubleshooting methods for the same. Let's see how to do the Canon G3200 troubleshooting.
Issue 1: Can’t find the printer on a network
Is your printer not detected and displayed on the Check Printer Settings screen when performing the Wireless LAN setup? If yes, try the following troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
- Initially, check to ensure that your Canon G3200 printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Next, check whether any firewall function is enabled on your computer. If yes, temporarily disable it, and then try to perform the Wireless LAN setup.
- Make sure that your wireless router settings are configured correctly.
- Check if your printer is placed closer to the router. If not, place the printer closer to your router and then perform the wireless setup.
- Restart your printer and the wireless router.
Issue 2: Can’t print/scan from my smartphone/tablet
“Are you unable to print or scan from your smartphone or tablet to the printer?” If yes, scroll down this page to know the solutions to fix this problem.You may face this problem when your hand-held device fails to work or is unable to communicate with the printer.
- Initially, make sure that your Canon PIXMA G3200 printer and the wireless router are turned on.
- Next, check the Wi-Fi status on your printer. If the Wi-Fi light is on, it means the wireless LAN function is enabled. Otherwise, the wireless LAN is disabled.
- To enable the Wi-Fi LAN function on your printer, follow the instructions below:
- Locate the Wi-Fi button on your printer’s control panel; hold it down for a few seconds.
- Within a few seconds, the ON light will start to flash.
- Now, release the Wi-Fi button.
- Press the following buttons in order Color > Black > Wi-Fi.
- Once the ON light becomes lit and the Wi-Fi light lights up, you can confirm that the Wi-Fi LAN function is enabled on your printer.
- Check to make sure that your network settings are configured correctly. If necessary, print the network settings information to check the current network settings of your printer.
- Check to ensure that your Canon printer is not placed too far away from the wireless router you’re using.
Issue 3: Printing doesn’t start
- As the first step of troubleshooting the print problem, check whether your Canon G3200 printer is turned on.
- You can confirm it by checking the ON lamp of your printer.
- If the ON light is lit, it means the printer is turned on. Otherwise, the printer is turned off.
- Press the ON button on the printer control panel to turn it on.
- Secondly, check whether your devices (printer and computer) are connected to the same network. If not, connect them to the same network over a USB or wireless LAN connection.
- Disable the Access point mode on your printer if you’re using a mode other than that.
- Check and delete unnecessary print jobs if you’re facing this problem when performing the print operation from your computer.
- Set your printer’s port settings correctly if they are configured wrongly.
- Restart your computer and the printer.
Issue 4: Paper Jam
Generally, when a paper is jammed inside your printer, an error message indicating the same will be displayed on the computer screen. Also, the Alarm light of your printer will start to flash.Locate and remove the jammed paper from your printer to fix this problem.
- Turn off the printer.
- Locate the jammed paper.
- Now, gently pull out the jammed paper without damaging it further.
- After removing the jammed paper, turn on the printer and print a test page.
- If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the paper jam problem is fixed.
- Otherwise, recheck your printer for the jammed paper and remove it.
Issue 5: Print results are unsatisfactory
- Initially, check whether the paper size and media type settings are configured correctly on your printer. If not, configure them correctly.
- Next, if you’re using the printer driver for printing, ensure that the correct print quality is selected while using it.
Contact us if you need real-time technical assistance regarding Canon G3200 troubleshooting, then call us.