How To Fix Canon Ix6560 Blinking Error?
Usually, when an error occurs, the respective error message and support code will be displayed on your computer and printer screen. Similarly, when something goes wrong with the Canon iX6560 printer, you can find the Alarm and Power lights blinking on its control panel. You can find the exact cause of the problem by counting the number of flashes of the Alarm and Power lights. This page covers the Canon iX6560 blinking error and the troubleshooting solutions.
Fixing Alarm Lamp Flashes Orange
Error 1-Number of flashes: 2
- The rear tray of your tray is empty
The rear tray of your tray is empty
- Open the rear tray of your printer.
- Check whether there is enough plain paper in the tray.
- If not, load enough paper and close the tray.
- Press the RESUME/CANCEL button on your printer’s control panel.
- Now, print a test page or document to check whether the support code 1000 is resolved. If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the error is fixed.
Error 2-Number of flashes: 3
- The front cover of your printer is closed.
- A paper Jam has occurred in the rear or output tray of your printer.
- Check whether your printer’s front cover is closed.
- If yes, open it.
- Similarly, check if any paper is jammed in the output slot and the rear tray of your printer. If yes, remove it, and then resume the print operation.
Error 3- Number of flashes: 4
The ink tank is empty or not installed properly.
- Check if the ink tanks are installed properly. If not, remove and reinstall them on your printer.
- Also, check to ensure that the ink tanks are unpacked properly before installing them.
- Check if the ink lamp is flashing on your printer’s control panel. If yes, it means the tank is empty. In this case, replace the empty tank with a new one.
- To do so, press the RESUME/CANCEL button on your printer’s control panel if necessary.
- Remove the empty ink tank from your printer and replace it with a new one.
- After replacing the tank, print a test page to check whether the Canon iX6560 blinking error is fixed.
Error 4-Number of flashes: 5
- The print head on your printer is not installed properly, or an incompatible or defective print head is installed on your printer.
- Remove and reinstall the print head on your printer if it is not installed properly.
- Make sure that you’ve installed the compatible print head on your printer.
- Check whether the print head is damaged. If yes, replace it with a new one.
Error 5-Number of flashes: 7
- The ink tanks are installed on the wrong slot, or the same type of ink tanks are installed on more than one slot.
- Check to ensure that the ink tanks are installed on the correct slots.
- Also, make sure that a specific ink type is not installed on more than one slot.
- If necessary, run the routine maintenance on your printer.
In some cases, both the alarm and power lights flash alternately on your printer’s control panel. For example, consider the power light is blinking in Blue, and the alarm light is blinking in orange alternately. When a printer problem occurs, you can see this pattern on your Canon iX6560 printer control panel. Try the quick troubleshooting instructions given below to fix this error.
- With your Canon printer turned on, unplug its power cable.
- Disconnect the cable from the power outlet.
- After a while, reconnect the cable and turn on your printer.
- Check if the Canon iX6560 blinking error is resolved.
If the issue is still not resolved, contact us.