Fix: Canon Ix6800 Driver Is Unavailable
The driver plays an essential role in connecting the printer and the computer. When it goes outdated or is incompatible, you will end up with the “driver unavailable” issue. If your Canon iX6800 driver is unavailable, read this article and implement the steps in the given order. They will help you fix the “Canon iX6800 driver unavailable” issue.
Remove your printer from the computer
- On your computer, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Now, you will see the list of printers connected to your computer.
- Right-click on your Canon printer and select the Remove device option.
Uninstall the printer driver
- Go to the Device Manager section. To reach there, open the Run command box (Windows + R), type devmgmt.msc in the search area, and press Enter.
- On the Device Manager screen, navigate to the Print queues section. Right-click on your printer and then select Uninstall device.
Disconnect your printer and the computer
- If you have connected your printer and the computer using a USB cable, disconnect the cable from both ends.
- In case you have connected them over a network, disconnect your printer from your router’s network.
Restart your devices
- Once you have disconnected your printer and the computer, turn off your computer, printer, and router.
- Remove all the power cables from these devices.
- Let your printer, computer, and router stay undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Reconnect all the power cables to the respective devices.
- Connect your printer and the computer (via a USB or wireless connection).
Install the required drivers
- Once you reconnect your printer and the computer, the latter will automatically start installing all the required drivers.
- Once the required drivers are installed, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your printer, and select Set as default printer.
If you want to install the drivers from Canon’s official website, follow these instructions:
- Visit Canon’s website from your default browser.
- Enter your Canon printer model and download the printer driver recommended for your Operating System.
- Install the driver on your computer by following the instructions.
Now, check whether you can locate the driver for your Canon iX6800 printer. If you still cannot fix the "Canon Ix6800 Driver Is Unavailable" issue, reach out to us for remote assistance by experts.