How To Perform Canon Ix6840 Setup?
Do you have the Canon Pixma iX6840 printer not installed at home? We are here to help you perform Canon Ix6840 Setup.Today we see how to download the printer driver, complete the Wi-Fi setup, and print from your mobile devices. Let us start with the driver download.
Canon Ix6840 Driver
Why your printer needs a driver? To print from your computer/smartphone and unlock your printer's full efficiency, you need a driver. Without it, you cannot access your printer from your devices. So, the driver, a software program, must be installed on your computer.
Canon Ix6840 Driver Mac
- Go to the Canon official site.
- Click the Support tab.
- Choose the Downloads & Help tab and select Drivers.
- Enter your printer name or model number and search for it.
- Choose your operating system from the View all operating systems drop-down menu. Choose your preferred language from the language drop-down menu.
- Now, a list of drivers supported by your OS will be displayed.
- Click the Download button next to the required driver.
Canon Ix6840 Wifi Setup
Follow the instructions to set up the Canon Pixma iX6840 printer using a wireless connection.
- Run the setup file you have downloaded
- On the initial setup screen, click Next.
- In the Connection Method Selection window, choose Network Connection and then Wireless Connection.
- Now, ensure that your printer is turned on and the white power lamp is lit.
- Click Next.
- Click Connect to the network option in the Printer Setup screen.
- On the next screen, choose the Cableless setup option.
- You will be instructed to press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the white power lamp flashes twice. Release the button after the second flash and click Next.
- Ensure that the blue Wi-Fi lamp on the printer flashes rapidly and the white power lamp is lit. Click Next. Wait for the setup to complete.
- Select your region, click Next. Select your language and click Next.
- On the next screen, choose the software you like to install and click Next.
- Choose Yes to accept the end-user license agreement.
- Click Next on the Allow Install Wizard Processes screen.
- Once the Cableless setup is completed, you will see the Setup Completion screen.
- Click Complete.
- Now, follow the onscreen instruction to complete the Canon Pixma iX6840 setup.
Canon Ix6840 Scanning
This printer does not support the scanning function. But, it supports mobile printing. Scroll down to know how to print from your mobile device.
Canon Ix6840 Mobile Printing
If you wish to print from your iOS device, follow the instructions.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on and connected to the same wireless network as your iOS device.
- Go to the menu screen on your device app.
- Scroll across and select the Print icon.
- On the Printer Options screen, select your printer model.
- Now, choose the number of copies to print and change other print settings if you want.
- Once done, tap the Print option.
Now we have seen how to perform Canon Ix6840 Setup. We hope this article helps you!