Canon Mf733cdw Setup
If you haven’t done your Canon MF733Cdw Setup yet, continue reading this page to know more about the same.Canon imageCLASS MF733Cdw is a color multi-functional printer that comes with a large input capacity, built-in wireless, ADF, and more. It really offers great scan, print, copy, and fax functions. Some of the other cool features of this printer are:
Amazon Echo Dot App For Android
- Print from USB.
- Duplex print, copy, scan, and fax (manual).
- 2 in 1 copy and 4 in 1 copy.
- Scan to USB, Push & Pull scan.
- 250-sheet cassette + 50-sheet multipurpose tray.
- Convenient connectivity options.
- Mobile printing solutions.
- 5 inch, Touchscreen LCD, and more.
If you’re looking for a printer for your small office and workgroup needs, this is the right choice for it. Continue reading this page to know more about the Canon MF733Cdw setup in detail.
CANON MF733Cdw Guide
Prepare your printer for the setup. Load the recommended paper type in the cassette and turn on the printer. Configure the basic settings and the fax settings (if necessary) as per your preferences. Choose the desired connection type you wish to use to connect the printer to your computer or smartphone. Finally, install the printer software on your computer to complete the Canon MF733Cdw setup.
Preparing the printer
- Open the product box.
- Check to ensure that a user manual, a power cord, a telephone cable, Getting Started guide, warranty card, and starter toner cartridges (pre-installed in the printer) are provided along with the printer.
- Remove the printer from the packing cover and Styrofoam pieces.
- Unpack your printer completely by removing all the packing tapes, materials, and cardboard pieces from it.
- Ensure that the packing tape from the toner cartridges is removed carefully.
- Place the unpacked printer on a neat surface and go to the next step of the Canon MF733Cdw setup.
- Prepare the paper type that you wish to use. (Note: The Canon imageCLASS MF733Cdw printer supports the plain, heavy, recycled, color, label, postcard, and envelope types).
- Pull out the paper cassette.
- Adjust the guides to the size of the paper type you’re loading.
- Fan and load the paper in the cassette.
- Ensure that the paper is loaded with its printable side facing up.
- Adjust the guides properly.
- Place the cassette back into the printer.
- Install and load paper in the cassette feeding module if necessary.
Turning on the printer
- Get the power cord supplied along with your printer.
- Connect one end (small end) of the power cord into your printer’s inlet and the other end into the electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on the printer.
- Once the printer becomes stable and idle, configure the basic settings such as language, date/time, etc., as per your preferences.
- After configuring the settings, save them and go to the next step of the Canon MF733Cdw setup.
Choosing the connection type
- When the screen displays the “Do you want to use the wireless LAN to connect to the network?” message, tap Yes if you wish to use the Wi-Fi connection.
- Otherwise, tap No to connect your printer to the computer using the USB or Wired LAN connection.
For Wired LAN
- Initially, connect your Canon printer and the computer to the same network.
- To do so, connect your computer to the router using an Ethernet cable or over a wireless network.
- Connect your printer to the same network device using another Ethernet cable.
- Next, turn on the printer and your computer.
- Run the Canon MF733Cdw printer software on your computer.
- Install the printer software by following the on-screen instructions.
- Get a USB cable recommended for your printer because the cable is not provided along with the printer by the manufacturer.
- Run the printer software on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Choose the USB Connection option and connect your printer to the computer using the USB cable when prompted.
- Finish the rest of the USB setup by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Connect your printer and the computer to the same wireless network.
- Install the printer software on your computer to complete the Canon MF733Cdw setup.
Note: Scroll down this page to know the Wi-Fi setup process in detail.
Configuring the fax settings (optional)
- After installing the printer on your computer over a wireless, wired, or USB connection, configure the fax settings by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Finally, scan, fax, or print a test page to check whether the setup is done correctly.
Note: Continue reading this page to know the fax setup procedure in detail.Congratulations! The Canon MF733Cdw setup is completed, and the printer is ready to use.
Canon Mf733cdw Driver
The printer driver plays an important role in helping you to communicate with the printer from your computer. The setup CD/ROM provided along with the printer (during the purchase) contains almost all the necessary drivers. However, you can also download the drivers from the printer’s support page.To do so, follow the step-by-step instructions given below.
- Go to the official support page of Canon.
- Choose your printer model from the Products list.
- Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab on your printer’s support page.
- Now, your current OS type will be auto-detected, and the Canon imageCLASS MF733Cdw printer driver(s) available for the same will be displayed on the screen.
- Locate the recommended printer driver for your OS type.
- Click SELECT > DOWNLOAD.
- Click the corresponding tab if you wish to download other software, firmware, or utilities for your OS type. Select and download the software or firmware as per your needs.
Canon Mf733cdw Scanner Setup
- First, complete the Canon MF733Cdw printer’s hardware setup if you haven’t done it yet.
- Secondly, download and install the necessary printer and scanner drivers on your computer.
- Check to ensure that the latest version of the Scan utility is installed on your computer.
- Ensure that your Canon printer is connected to your computer over a wireless, wired, or USB connection if you’re performing the “scan to computer” operation.
- If you wish to “scan to email,” prepare your printer for the same by referring to the instructions given under the “scan to email setup” section on this page.
- Similarly, if you wish to “scan to USB,” connect the USB drive into your printer and perform the scan operation.
- Finally, scan a document using the printer’s control panel or the Scan Utility from your computer.
Scan To Email Setup
- Turn on your Canon printer and the computer.
- Now, open the printer’s Send Function Setting tool via a web browser or the printer software.
- Enter your printer account credentials in the given fields and click Logon if prompted.
- Click the Send to Email Settings option.
- Type your Address Book’s Pin in the given field if prompted.
- Fill the fields under the Registration, Send Destination Settings, and SMTP Server Settings sections of the Send to Email Settings page.
- After filling the fields, click Next > Register.
- Now, restart your Canon printer to save the settings.
- To do so, press the ON/OFF or Power button on your printer.
- After the Power light turns off, wait at least 10 seconds and then turn on the printer again.
- Alternatively, you can also use the Remote UI to restart your Canon printer.
- To do so, access Remote UI on your printer.
- Sign in to System Manager Mode.
- Select Settings/Registration > Restart Device > Device Status > OK.
- Now, scan a text document and send it to an email to check whether the scan to email setup is done correctly.
Scan To Email
- Turn on your Canon MF733Cdw printer if it is turned off.
- Place the original you want to scan to email on the scanner glass or in the ADF of your printer.
- Locate and tap on the Scan option on the Home screen of your printer.
- Select E-Mail on the Select a scan type screen.
- Enter the destination address manually or select it from the Address Book.
- Finally, press Send.
- Now, your printer will start scanning the placed document.
- Once the scanning is completed, its copy will be sent to the entered email address.
WIRELESS SETUP FOR MAC
You can set up your Canon printer over a wireless network with the Mac computer using the SSID settings or the WPS method. The step-by-step guide given below will take you through the process of setting up your printer over the wireless network using the SSID settings.
- Turn on your Canon printer and the wireless router if they are turned off.
- Gather your network’s SSID and password if you have no idea about them.
- Ensure that the Home screen is opened on your printer.
- Locate the Menu option on the Home screen and tap on it.
- Select Preferences > Network.
- Now, a screen prompting you to enter your device’s system manager ID and pin will open.
- Enter the credentials in the given fields and tap Log In.
- Now, the Network screen with the list of options will open.
- Locate and tap on the Wireless LAN Settings option followed by the Yes button.
- Wait for the basic configuration process to complete.
- Once it is done, the Wireless LAN Settings screen will open.
- Select the SSID Settings option on the Wireless LAN Settings screen.
- Perform the instructions displayed on the screen to connect your Canon MF733Cdw printer to the wireless network.
- After doing that, connect your Mac computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Run the printer software on your computer.
- Choose the installation method.
- Perform the on-screen instructions.
- Click the Install button.
- Type your Mac computer’s password in the given field if prompted.
- After typing it, click the Install Software button.
- Complete the rest of the software installation process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- After installing the printer software, add your printer to the Mac computer using the Printers & Scanners screen to complete the Canon MF733Cdw setup.
- Initially, connect your Mac computer or the iOS device and the Canon printer to the same wireless network.
- Next, enable the AirPrint option on your printer using the printer’s Remote UI. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Start the Remote UI on your computer.
- Sign in to the System Manager mode.
- Click Settings/Registration > Network Settings > AirPrint Settings > Edit.
- Enable the AirPrint option by clicking the checkbox beside the Use AirPrint option.
- Finally, click OK.
Printing a document with AirPrint (Mac)
- Open the document file you want to print in the application that supports the Print function.
- Click on the Print option or menu on the opened application screen.
- Select your Canon printer model correctly.
- Configure the print settings such as resolution, type, etc., as per your preferences.
- Finally, click the Print button.
Setting Up The Printer For The Fax Operation
Perform the following instructions to set up the fax function on your printer.
- Ensure that your Canon printer is turned on.
- Now, tap on the Fax option on your printer’s Home screen.
- Select Set Up Now.
- Type the telephone number in the given field followed by the recipient mode.
- Now, connect your printer to the telephone wall jack using the telephone line cord.
- Press End > Yes.
- Configure the other fax settings as per your preferences and save them.
- Finally, send a fax message to check whether the fax settings are configured correctly.
Sending a fax message
- Load the original you want to fax on the scanner glass or in the ADF of your printer.
- Select Fax.
- Choose the destination address and other settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, tap Start.
- Now, your printer will scan and fax the placed document to the entered address.
Contact us to know more about the Canon MF733Cdw setup and using its functions.