Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting
This article lists the best troubleshooting solutions for the common problems that occur on the Canon MG2522 printer. To get remote assistance in resolving the printer problems with your computer, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page. Let us see how to perform Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 NOT DETECTED
The “Canon PIXMA MG2525 not detected” problem is faced by many Windows 10 users when installing the printer driver on their computers using the USB connection. If you’re facing the same problem, perform the simple and quick troubleshooting instructions given below to fix it.
- In most cases, these kinds of issues occur due to a poor connection or when your computer fails to communicate with the connected printer.
- So, as the first step of troubleshooting the “Canon PIXMA MG2525 not detected” problem, check and resolve the connectivity issue.
- To do so, make sure that your Canon printer is connected directly to the computer using the USB cable.
- Navigate to the Device Manager section on your computer.
- Look for your Canon printer under the Imaging Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers section. If your printer is not listed, unplug and reconnect the printer to your computer.
- If necessary, replace the USB cable with a new one.
- Select and uninstall the existing connection of your printer.
- Disable or turn off the security software on your computer.
- Now, try to install the printer driver.
- If the installer detects the connected printer, it means the “printer not detected” problem is fixed.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 NOT FEEDING PAPER
Is your Canon PIXMA MG2522 printer not feeding the paper and displays the No Paper error? If yes, try the following Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting methods one by one to fix it.
Method 1: Loading paper properly
- Check whether the paper is loaded properly into the paper tray.
- If not, remove and reload them properly.
- Make sure that you have loaded the recommended paper type.
- Also, ensure that the paper is not overloaded in the tray of your Canon printer.
Method 2: Configuring the media type and the paper size settings
- Sometimes the incorrect media type or the paper size settings can also lead to paper feeding issues.
- So, as the second step of Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting, check whether the media type and the other paper settings are configured correctly.
- If not, configure them correctly and print a test page.
Method 3: Removing the foreign objects/ the packing materials
- Check whether any foreign objects or packing materials are stuck inside the printer.
- If yes, remove them and print a test page.
Method 4: Cleaning the paper feed roller
- If your printer’s paper feed roller contains dust or dirt particles, there is a chance for the paper feed problem to occur. To check it, open the front cover. If you find any dirty particles sticking to the roller, clean them to fix the issue.
- You can clean your Canon MG2522 printer’s roller in two different ways:
- Using paper
- Without using paper
Way 1: Using paper
- Turn on your printer if it is turned off.
- In the rear tray of your Canon printer, load a clean, white sheet of A4.
- Make sure that the output tray and its extension are opened.
- Now, locate the Stop button on your printer’s control panel and hold it down for a few seconds.
- As soon as the light flashes orange seven times, release the button, and wait for the cleaning process to complete.
Way 2: Without using paper
- Make sure that your Canon MG 2522 printer is turned on.
- Remove all the papers that are left in the printer’s rear tray.
- Press the Stop button until the light flashes orange seven times.
- Within a few minutes, the cleaning process will be completed.
- Once the cleaning process is completed, print a test page to check whether the “paper feed” problem is fixed.
PRINT HEAD ALIGNMENT CANON MG2522
Quick steps to align your Canon MG2522 printer’s print head automatically via a computer
- Initially, make sure that your computer and the printer are connected to the same network. Also, ensure that your printer driver is installed on the computer.
- Turn on your printer if necessary.
- Open the Canon MG2522 printer driver on your computer.
- Go to the Maintenance tab.
- Click Print Head Alignment.
- Now, the dialog box titled “Start Print Head Alignment” will open.
- In the opened dialog box, click the Align Print Head button.
- Complete the alignment process by following the on-screen instructions displayed on the screen.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 PAPER JAM
Normally, when the paper is jammed inside your printer, its Alarm lamp flashes orange, and the error message “Paper Jam” will be displayed on your computer screen.The following step-by-step instructions explain how to remove the jammed paper from your Canon PIXMA MG2522 printer.
- Begin with turning off your printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Open the output tray and its cover.
- Look for the jammed paper inside the printer.
- If you find the jammed paper under the FINE cartridge holder, then move the carriage to the edge and remove the paper.
- Look for the jammed paper in other parts of the printer.
- Finally, close the cover and print a test page to check whether the paper jam error is resolved.
- If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the “paper jam” error is resolved. Otherwise, look for the jammed paper in other parts of the printer and remove it.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 PAPER JAM BUT NO PAPER
Is your Canon printer displaying the paper jam error, even when there is no paper stuck inside it?” If yes, try these quick solutions to fix it.
- Resetting the printer: With your printer turned on, unplug its power cord from it. Wait for a minute and reconnect the power cord. Turn on the printer and check whether the Paper Jam error is resolved. If not, go to the next method.
- Remove the hidden components that are blocking the paper sensor: Inside the printer, check whether any components are blocking the paper sensor. If yes, remove them.
- Reload the FINE cartridges: Remove the cartridges from their slots and reload them.
- Moving the carriage back in position: Check if the cartridges are positioned correctly. If not, insert them in their respective slots.
- Remove the overloaded paper from the tray: Check if the paper is overloaded in the tray. If yes, remove the overloaded paper.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 NOT PRINTING
Resolve the Canon PIXMA MG2522 not printing problem by performing the troubleshooting instructions given below.
- As the first step of Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting the printer not printing problem, check whether your printer is turned on. If not, turn it on.
- Your devices (printer and computer) should be connected to the same network to perform the print operation. If not, connect them to the same network and then print a test page.
- Delete the undesired print jobs from the queue list.
- Configure the printer port settings correctly on your computer if they are incorrectly configured.
- Restart your printer and the computer.
- Re-install the printer driver if necessary.
CANON MG2522 IS NOT PRINTING BLACK
When the ink level becomes low or empty, the corresponding cartridge will stop printing. In this case, you have to replace the empty cartridge with a new one. Is your Canon MG2522 printer not printing in black? If yes, check its estimated ink level.
Replace the cartridge if its level is low or empty
- Perform the ink cartridge replacement as the last step of Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting. Perform these simple instructions to fix the black ink not printing problem.
- Initially, check to make sure that the black ink cartridge is installed properly on its slot.
- Secondly, check if any foreign or packing materials are sticking to the cartridge or under the contact. If yes, remove them.
- Make sure that you have installed the recommended FINE back ink cartridge on your printer.
- If none of these instructions fix the black ink not printing problem, replace the empty or low black cartridge with a new one.
Replacing the empty cartridge
- Get the replacement black cartridge.
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Open its output tray and its extension.
- Gently open the front cover of your printer.
- Locate and remove the empty FINE black ink cartridge from its slot.
- Unpack the new cartridge and insert it with its nozzle touching the printhead contacts.
- After installing the cartridge, close the front cover, output tray, and its extension.
CANON MG2522 NOT PRINTING FULL PAGE
The Canon MG2522 printer is capable of printing single-page and multi-page documents. However, some users have reported that this printer is not printing the full page of a document. If you’re facing the same problem while printing a document, try the simple Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting instructions given below to fix it.
- Restart the Canon printer and your computer.
- Check whether your printer driver is up-to-date.
- Check and configure the print settings correctly.
- The “Fit-to-Page” option should be selected to print the full page of the document.
- Open the Printer driver setup window. Click the Page Setup tab.
- Check if the Fit-to-Page option is selected under the Page Layout section. If not, select it and print a test page.
CANON MG2522 NOT SCANNING
- Restart your Canon printer.
- Check if the latest version of the scanner driver and TWAIN software are installed on your computer. If not, install them.
- Connect your printer directly to the computer using the USB cable if they are not connected together.
- If necessary, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable between your printer and the computer.
- Make sure that your computer is compatible with the TWAIN software.
- Reconfigure the scan settings if they are incorrectly configured.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
The Canon PIXMA MG2522 printer supports only the Hi-Speed USB interface. The Wireless and Wired connectivity options are not supported by this printer. So, use the USB connection method to connect the printer to your computer.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 TRIANGLE LIGHT BLINKING
- When something goes wrong, the alarm lights on your printer’s control panel will start to flash. Is the triangle light blinking on your Canon printer’s operational panel? If yes, continue reading this page to know how to fix it.
- Normally, when the paper output tray is closed, or a paper is jammed inside your printer, the triangle light will start to blink.
- As the first step of troubleshooting the triangle light blinking problem, check whether the printer’s output tray is closed. If not, close it.
- Secondly, check whether any paper is jammed inside the printer. If yes, remove it.
- Restart the printer if necessary.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 ORANGE LIGHT FLASHING
- If your Canon printer’s Alarm light is flashing in orange, it indicates some printer problems. To fix the problem, count the number of times the Alarm light flashes and, based on it, perform the necessary solutions to fix it.
- For two flashes: If the Alarm light flashes orange two times and goes off, it means the rear tray of your printer is empty. Check and load enough paper in the tray.
- For three flashes: Check if the front cover of your printer is opened. If yes, close it. Look for the jammed paper in the paper output slot and remove it.
- For four flashes: Check whether the ink cartridges are installed properly. If not, remove and install them properly.
- Similarly, count the number of flashes and perform the necessary steps to fix the orange light flashing problem. To know more about the Canon MG2522 printer troubleshooting, contact us.
CANON MG2522 BLINKING YELLOW LIGHT
- Restart your Canon printer.
- After restarting the printer, check whether the yellow light is still blinking on the control panel.
- If yes, turn off the printer and unplug the power cable from it. Wait for five minutes. Reconnect the power cable to your Canon printer and turn it on.
- If the yellow light is blinking again, update your printer driver and firmware.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 ERROR B200
- The B200 error code indicates that your printer needs service.
- As soon as this error code is displayed on your printer screen, turn it off.
- Unplug the power cable from your Canon printer and the electrical outlet. Then, service your printer.
CANON PIXMA MG2522 ERROR CODE 5011
When there is an error with your printer, the code 5011 will be displayed on the screen. To clear this error, perform the simple troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Turn off your Canon printer if it is turned on.
- Unplug the electrical cable from the printer and the power outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Reconnect the cable and turn on your printer.
Now, check whether the error code 5011 is disappeared. If the error code is still not resolved, contact us to know more. Now we have learned how to perform Canon Mg2522 Troubleshooting.