CANON MG3020 SETUP MAC
The Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer setup is done easily. You’ll have to attach all the physical parts to the printer, load the paper, connect the power cord, and also perform the software installation. Refer to the below steps to begin the Canon PIXMA MG3020 setup for your Mac.
- Initially, you need to unpack the printer packaging box.
- Check all the components present inside it. Take out the packaging materials one by one, along with the Canon MG3020 printer.
- Remove all the protective tapes from the inside and outside of your printer.
- Proceed to connect the power cord.
Turning on the printer:
- At first, connect one end of the power cord to the back of your printer. The opposite end must be connected to an electrical outlet. Turn on the printer.
- Now, begin to install the ink cartridges.
Installing ink cartridges:
- Open the front cover of your Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer.
- Take out the new ink cartridge package.
- Remove all the protective tapes from it.
- Insert the FINE cartridge into the correct slot.
- Lock it firmly.
- At last, close the front cover of your printer.
- You need to now insert the paper into the printer.
Inserting the paper:
- At first, open the paper support.
- You need to pull out the paper output tray and then the output tray extension.
- Adjust the edge guides.
- Finally, close the paper support.
- Later, proceed to perform the software installation. Installing the software is done to establish a wireless connection between your computer and printer. Don’t know how to install it? Look at the below steps.
Since the printer is supplied with an installation disc, insert the setup CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer. You’ll have to check whether the printer is ready for installing the software.
- After inserting the CD, begin the installation by double-clicking the printer icon.
- Later, you need to select the connection method of your choice. When prompted, choose the Wireless connection or USB connection.
- Perform further on-screen instructions to complete the setup procedure. Additionally, download the printer driver from the official Canon website.
CANON MG3020 DRIVER MAC
The Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer driver can be downloaded from the official Canon website. Otherwise, it can be obtained from the setup CD-ROM. So, just proceed to download the printer driver for your Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer driver. Here’s how to download it from the official Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer website for your Mac computer.
- Using the default web browser, go to the official Canon website.
- Enter the printer name in the search bar and then click Search.
- On the Canon home page, choose the required OS, which will be Mac.
- Click Download. The printer driver downloads automatically on your Mac computer.
CANON MG3020 SCANNER MAC
Every manufacturer comes with a scanner driver along with a printer driver. Likewise, the Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer comes with an IJ Scan Utility application. While downloading the printer driver, you’ll have to check whether the scanner driver is properly downloaded or not. Do you want to do the scan setup for your Mac computer? Refer to the steps given below.
- Ensure that the documents are placed properly on the scanner glass.
- Later, launch the IJ Scan Utility application on your Mac computer.
- Click the Auto option. The scanning process starts now.
- That’s it. You’ve now seen how to do the scanner setup for your Mac computer.
CANON MG3020 WIRELESS SETUP MAC
Preferring the wireless connection to connect the Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer to your Mac computer is a good idea. The steps involved are simple. Refer to the steps given below for connecting the Canon printer to your Mac computer wirelessly.
- Initially, press and hold the Wireless button and then the Color button.
- Now, press the Wireless button continuously. This time, the Network lamp lights up. It indicates that your printer is ready to connect to a wireless network.
Now, you need to insert the setup CD-ROM to begin the wireless setup procedure. With the supplied CD, it is easy to establish a wireless connection.
Here’s how to do it.
- Insert the Setup CD-ROM into the CD/DVD drive of your computer. Check for warning messages and then click Open or Always allow.
- Select the Start Setup option on the welcome screen.
- Read the end-user license agreement and agree to it.
- Click Next.
- On the Connection method screen, select Yes.
- Perform the further on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection.
- When prompted, select the Add printer option.
- Select your Canon printer model name and then run a test print.
- Finally, exit the setup screen. The wireless setup is now complete.
CANON MG3020 AIRPRINT
The Canon PIXMA MG3020 printer supports the AirPrint technology, and you can print easily from your mobile. Don’t know how to do the AirPrint setup? The beauty of the AirPrint technology is that, without installing the printer driver, it is easy to print wirelessly. Look at this section to do the AirPrint setup in simple and easy steps.
- Open the application that you want to print from.
- Tap the Share icon and then tap Print.
- You need to tap the Select Printer option. You’ll have to choose your AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Now, you need to choose the number of copies and other such options. Finally, tap the Print button.
That’s it. You’ve now seen how to do the AirPrint setup.