Canon Mg3620 Troubleshooting
“Is your Canon MG3620 printer not responding to the print or scan operation?” If yes, try these basic troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
- Preparing your printer: As the first step of Canon MG3620 troubleshooting, check whether the printer is turned on and ready for the print or scan operation. If not, turn it on, and then perform the corresponding operation.
- Resolving the connectivity issue: For the printer to respond properly, both the devices (printer and your Windows or Mac computer) should be connected to the same network. So, as the second step of troubleshooting, check the connectivity status of your printer and the computer. If necessary, reconnect the devices to the same network.
- Running the printer troubleshooter: If you’re encountering this issue on your Windows computer, run its built-in printer troubleshooter to fix it. Open the Troubleshooter screen and select the Printer option. Click the Run the troubleshooter button beside it.
- Configuring the port settings: Check if your printer’s port settings are configured correctly. If not, configure them correctly.
- Update/ reinstall the printer driver: Check and update the latest version of the printer driver if it is available. Similarly, if you have installed the incompatible printer driver on your computer, uninstall and reinstall the correct one.
- Restarting the printer and your computer: Turn off your Canon printer completely and disconnect its power cable from the outlet. Wait for the printer to cool down. After the printer cools down, reconnect the cable and turn on the printer. Similarly, restart your computer.
CANON MG3620 NOT CONNECTING
“Is your Canon MG3620 printer not connecting to the Windows computer over a wireless network?” If yes, try the simple troubleshooting instructions given below to fix it.
- Switch on your printer: Your printer should be turned on while performing the setup process. So, as the first step of troubleshooting the “printer not connecting to a computer” problem, check whether the printer is turned on. If not, turn it on. Similarly, turn on your computer and the wireless router or modem if they are turned off.
- Using the computer that meets the requirements: Check whether the Windows computer that you’re using meets the minimum system requirements of your printer. If not, use the computer that meets the requirements.
- Disabling the security software and firewall feature: Sometimes, the security software or the firewall feature enabled on your network can also block the Wi-Fi connectivity. To verify it, disable the security software or firewall temporarily, and then try to connect the printer to your computer over a Wi-Fi network. If the devices connect together, it means the problem is with the security software. In this case, disable the security software or firewall temporarily or permanently while using the printer and computer over a wireless network.
CANON MG3620 OFFLINE
Five quick and simple troubleshooting solutions to fix the Canon MG3620 printer offline problem
- Verifying the printer power status: Check whether the Power light of your printer is on. If not, it means your printer is turned off. To turn on the printer, press the Power button on its operation panel. In case the printer fails to turn on even after pressing its Power button, check whether the electrical cable is connected securely at the ends. If not, reconnect the cable.
- Selecting the correct printer: Check if the computer has selected your printer correctly. If not, select the correct one to fix this problem. Set your printer as the default one if necessary.
- Power cycle the printer: Turn off your printer completely. Unplug the electrical cable from it. After waiting for a while, reconnect the cable and turn on your printer. After your printer becomes stable, print or scan a test page to check whether the problem is fixed. If not, perform the next method.
- Resolving the connectivity issue: Check to make sure that your Canon MG3620 printer and the computer are connected together. If necessary, restart your router/modem and the computer.
- Reinstalling the printer driver: Check and install the correct and latest printer driver on your computer.
CANON MG3620 NOT PRINTING
“Is your printer not printing?” If yes, perform the Canon MG3620 troubleshooting given below to fix it.
- Turning on the printer: As the first step of troubleshooting the “printer not printing” problem, check whether your printer is turned on. If not, turn on the printer by pressing the On or Power button on its operational panel.
- Connecting the devices together: If your printer and the computer are not connected together, there is a chance for this issue to occur. Check and connect your printer to the computer over a wireless or USB cable connection.
- Closing the output tray and front door: Make sure that your printer’s output tray and the front door are closed.
- Choosing the correct printer: Check if your Canon printer is selected in the Print Properties dialog box. If not, select it and then perform the print operation.
- Configuring the printer settings: If the port settings of your printer are misconfigured, there is a chance for this problem to occur. Configure them correctly, and then perform the print operation.
- Restarting the printer and your computer: If none of the solutions fix the “printer not printing” problem, restart the devices.
CANON MG3620 NOT PRINTING BLACK
Quick troubleshooting instructions to fix the “black ink not printing” problem
- Installing the cartridge properly: Check if the black ink cartridge is unpacked and installed properly on its slot. If not, reinstall it properly.
- Using the genuine FINE ink cartridges: Check to make sure that you’re using the genuine black ink cartridge for printing.
- Configuring the print settings correctly: If you want your document to be printed only using the black ink cartridge, select the Grayscale printing option in the Print Properties dialog box.
- Replacing the ink cartridge: On your printer’s control panel, check if the black ink lamp is on. If yes, it means the cartridge level is low. To fix this problem, replace the empty or low cartridge with the new one.
CANON MG3620 PAPER NOT FEEDING
If your printer’s paper feed rollers have dirt particles, the paper will not feed properly. Clean the rollers to fix this issue.
- Cleaning the rollers: Turn on your printer. Empty the front tray by removing the remaining papers left in the tray. Now, open the Canon IJ Printer Utility on your computer. Click Cleaning > Roller Cleaning > OK. Clean the rollers by following the on-screen instructions. After cleaning the rollers, check if the paper is feeding properly. If not, try the next Canon MG3620 troubleshooting given below.
- Using the recommended paper: Check to make sure that you have loaded the recommended paper type in the front tray of your printer.
- Clearing the paper jam: If the Alarm light is flashing on your printer’s operation panel and the message “Paper Jam” is displayed on the computer, then look for the jammed paper inside the printer, and remove it. (Continue reading this page to know more about the “how to fix the paper jam” problem on your printer).
CANON MG3620 PAPER JAM
Normally, when a paper is jammed, the Alarm light on the printer’s panel will start blinking and a dialog box with the Paper Jam message and Support Code: 1300, 1303, or 1304 will appear on your computer screen. You can use the support code displayed in the dialog box to find the exact location of the paper jam. After finding the location, remove the jammed paper carefully using both your hands. Once the jammed paper is removed, press the Start button on the printer’s control panel to print a test page.
- Support code 1300: This code indicates that the paper is jammed at the paper output slot.
- Support code 1303: When a paper is jammed while performing the duplex print operation, this support code is displayed on the screen. Look for the jammed paper in all possible parts of your printer and remove it if you find any.
- Similarly, search for the jammed paper in all parts of the printer and remove it.
CANON MG3620 DRIVER NOT RESPONDING
- Installing the compatible printer driver: Check if the printer driver that you have installed is compatible with your computer OS. If not, uninstall it, and reinstall the compatible one.
- Disabling the antivirus software or firewall: If you have installed any security software on your computer or configured the firewall settings on the router, then disable it temporarily, and try to use the driver.
- Installing the printer driver completely: The incomplete installation of the printer driver can also lead to these kinds of problems, and so, check whether the printer driver is installed completely on your computer. If not, install them completely, and then try to access the printer driver.
CANON MG3620 NOT CONNECTING TO MAC
Resolving the “Canon MG3620 printer not connecting to Mac problem”
- Re-adding the printer: If you’re encountering this problem for the first time, re-add the printer to fix it. On the Printers & Scanners screen of your Mac computer, click the Plus icon and add your printer.
- Restarting the computer and printer: A simple restart process can resolve the basic problems. Restart your printer and the computer. After restarting both the devices, try to connect your printer to Mac.
- Connecting the cable securely: If you’re using the USB connection option, make sure that the USB cable is connected securely at the ends. Unplug and reconnect the cable if necessary.
- Connecting the devices to the same network: Similarly, if you’re using the Wi-Fi connection, check to make sure that both the devices (printer and your computer) are connected to the same network. (Scroll down this page to know how to resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue).
CANON MG3620 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
The Canon MG3620 troubleshooting instructions given below explain how to fix the “printer not connecting to Wi-Fi” problem.
- Unplug the USB cable: Check if your Canon printer and the computer (that you’re using) are connected together over a USB cable connection. If yes, unplug the USB cable from them.
- Positioning the devices correctly: Place the printer closer to your wireless router if they are placed far away. Make sure that the objects such as an oven, Bluetooth devices, etc., that can block the wireless signal are not placed in between your router and the printer.
- Entering the credentials correctly: Check if you have selected the wireless network’s SSID correctly. If not, select it correctly. Similarly, check to make that the correct security password is entered in the given fields.
- Updating the printer firmware: Check and update your printer firmware if available.
- Reinstalling the printer driver: Sometimes, the installation of the wrong or incompatible printer driver might also lead to these kinds of problems. So, check whether you’re trying to install the correct and compatible printer driver. If not, uninstall it, and try to reinstall the correct one.
CANON MG3620 NOT SCANNING
Resolving the “Canon MG3620 printer not connecting to Mac problem”
- Ensuring that the printer is turned on: As the first step of troubleshooting “Canon MG3620 printer not scanning,” check whether the scanner is turned on by checking its Power button. If the printer’s Power light is off, then press the ON button on the panel, and wait for the printer to turn on.
- Connecting the cable securely (only for USB): Check to make sure that the USB cable is connected securely at the ends. Similarly, make sure that you’re not using a USB hub for the connectivity.
- Installing the scanner driver: Check if the latest version of the scanner driver is installed on your computer. If not, install it, and then try to perform the scan operation.
- Loading the original properly: Open the scanner glass and check if the original is loaded properly. If not, load it properly and then scan a test page.
- Selecting your scanner correctly: On the IJ Scan Utility screen, check if your Canon scanner is selected. If not, select it, and then perform the scan operation.
CANON MG3620 PRINT HEAD ALIGNMENT
Aligning the print head of your Canon MG3620 printer
- Turn on your computer and the Canon printer.
- On your computer, open the Canon IJ Printer utility.
- Now, select the Test Print option followed by the Print Head Alignment option.
- If necessary, load paper in the front tray of your printer.
- Click the Align Print Head button to begin the alignment process.
- Now, your printer will start to print the alignment page.
- Once the page is printed, scan it to complete the alignment process.
CANON MG3620 RESET WIFI
Simple and quick instructions to reset your Canon MG3620 printer’s network settings to default.
- Turn on your Canon MG3620 printer.
- Locate the Stop button on the printer’s control panel and hold it down for a while.
- Within a few seconds, the Alarm light will start flashing.
- After the Alarm light flashes 19 times, release the Stop button.
- If your Canon scanner is selected. If not, select it, and then perform the scan operation.
CANON MG3620 RESET
Perform the quick instructions given below to restore your Canon MG3620 printer settings to default.
- Turn on your printer.
- Press and hold the Stop button.
- When the Alarm light flashes 21 times, release the button.
- Once the settings are restored, reconfigure them from the beginning.
CANON PRINTER MG3620 AIRPRINT NOT WORKING
Resolving the “AirPrint not working” problem
- Connecting the devices to the same network: Check whether your Canon printer and macOS or iOS device are connected together over a Wi-Fi network. If not, connect them to the same network.
- Using the compatible computer or smartphone: Make sure that your macOS or smartphone that you’re using supports the AirPrint feature.
- Adding your printer as AirPrint Printer: Add your printer as AirPrint Printer to the Mac computer manually to resolve this problem. To do so, open the Printers & Scanners screen. Click the Add button. Select your printer. From the Use drop-down menu, select the AirPrint or Secure AirPrint option and click Add. Now we have seen how to perform Canon Mg3620 Troubleshooting.