Canon Mg6821 Troubleshooting
Canon MG6821 is an advanced All-in-One printer that offers high-performance and real benefits. This printer supports AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, etc. With its Wi-Fi feature, it enables you to print wirelessly, and it also lets you print and scan from your mobile devices and cloud services. But, sometimes, the Canon printer will stop working due to connectivity issues, low ink, paper feed issue, paper jam, etc. The following Canon Mg6821 Troubleshooting methods can help you solve the issues you face on your Canon MG6821 printer.
CANON MG6821 PRINTER NOT RESPONDING:
- Restart your computer.
- Power off your Canon printer and the wireless router.
- Wait for some time and again turn on your printer and the wireless router.
- On your computer, click Start and choose the Devices and Printers option on the Control Panel to check the port settings.
- Click on your printer device and choose the Printer tab.
- Select the Properties option from the menu.
- Now, click on the Ports tab and check all the port settings.
- If it doesn’t work, update the Canon MG6821 printer driver.
- Select the Start button from the main screen and navigate the Device Manager option.
- Right-click on your printer.
- Now, choose the Advanced tab and click the New Driver button.
- If your printer is still not responding, then follow the below steps.
- Click on the Start menu and open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type services.msc and click the OK button.
- Select the Print Spooler option from the list in the Services window and right-click on it.
- Choose the Restart option from the menu.
- Now, check whether your printer is responding properly.
CANON MG6821 INK CARTRIDGE NOT RECOGNIZED:
If the printer does not recognize the ink cartridge, it will show the error message on the control panel. Follow the below instructions to solve the problem.
- On your printer, press and hold the Stop/Reset button for 7 seconds to clear the error message from the printer control panel.
- Open the front door and then the control panel of the printer.
- Now, open the output tray.
- Remove the ink cartridge from your Canon printer and wipe its copper area with a clean cloth.
- Now, reinsert the ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Close the output tray, control panel, and then the printer’s front cover.
- Now, check whether the printer can recognize the ink cartridges.
- Still, if the error continues, then replace the ink cartridge by following the below steps.
- Open the Canon MG6821 printer’s front cover, control panel, and output tray.
- Remove the damaged ink cartridge from the printer.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge and discard its protective tapes.
- Now, insert the new ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Close the printer’s front cover, control panel, and output tray.
- Now, check whether your issue is resolved.
CANON MG6821 PAPER NOT FEEDING:
- Make sure to load the paper correctly into the paper tray.
- If there are sheets in the paper tray, remove them and reload the sheets.
- Adjust the paper guide until it stops at the edges of the sheet.
- Before inserting the paper into the paper tray, align the edges of the paper and ensure that the sheets are not curled.
- Make sure to insert the paper in portrait orientation.
- Do not load the paper above the load limit mark.
- Make sure to set the paper size and its type on the printer control panel.
- If the paper doesn’t feed correctly into the tray, try to load fewer sheets.
- Still, if the error continues, then clean the paper feed roller by following the below steps.
- On the Canon MG6821 printer control panel, select the Setup option.
- Now, choose the Maintenance menu from the control panel.
- Select the Roller cleaning option and tap the Yes button in the confirmation message.
- Remove any paper from the cassette and tap OK.
- The paper will now start to rotate and clean without paper.
- When the feed roller stops rotating, the printer control panel will display a message to load the paper into the cassette.
- Now, load the paper and tap OK to start the cleaning process.
- Once the cleaning process gets completed, a completion message will appear on the printer’s screen.
- Tap OK.
- Now, check whether the paper feeding issue is resolved.
CANON MG6821 PAPER JAM:
- Power off your Canon MG6821 printer and unplug its power cord.
- Open the control of the printer.
- Check if any paper has jammed below the cartridge holder.
- If there is a paper jam under the cartridge holder, move the cartridge to the right or left, making it easier to remove the paper.
- Now, slowly pull the jammed paper from the printer.
- Make sure to remove all the jammed papers from the printer.
- Now, close the control panel.
- Reconnect the power cord back to the printer and turn it on.
- Now, check the printer whether it is working correctly.
CANON MG6821 NOT PRINTING:
Check the connectivity:
- If you have connected the printer and computer using a USB cable, check whether the cable is connected correctly. If you find any problem with the USB cable, replace it.
- If you use a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and your computer are on the same network.
- When you connect the printer to the LAN network, check whether the printer is connected is correctly connected to the network using a LAN cable and is set up correctly.
Delete unwanted print jobs:
- Open the Canon printer driver on your computer.
- Select the Display Print Queue button.
- Now, select your printer from the Printer tab and click on the Cancel All Documents option from the menu list.
- When a confirmation message appears on the screen, click the Yes button to delete the print jobs.
CANON MG6821 NOT PRINTING BLACK:
If your Canon MG6821 printer is not printing black, check whether the cartridges are expended. If necessary, clean the printheads. Follow the instructions below to proceed to implement the necessary steps.
- Open the front cover and the control panel.
- Now, open the output tray and check the black ink tank lamp.
- If the black ink tank lamp flashes, you need to replace it with a new one.
- Unpack the new black ink cartridge and discard its protective tapes.
- Remove the empty ink cartridge from the respective slot and insert the new ink cartridge into its place.
- Close the output tray, control panel, and front cover.
- If the error continues, follow the below steps.
- Make sure to turn on your Canon MG6821 printer.
- Load five or more sheets into the paper tray.
- Open the front door and remove the paper tray from the printer.
- Go to the Canon MG6821 printer control panel and select the Setup menu.
- Tap on the Maintenance option.
- Select the Cleaning option and tap the OK button to confirm.
- Now, the printer will start cleaning the printhead.
- Once the cleaning process gets completed, check whether your printer can print black.
CANON MG6821 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI:
Reconnect the printer:
- If you have already turned on your printer, turn it off and disconnect its power cord from the power source and the printer’s rear port.
- Now, disconnect the wireless router from the power source for 15 seconds.
- Turn on your router again by connecting the necessary cables.
- After turning on the router, plug the power cord into the back of your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Power on your Canon MG6821printer.
- Now, connect your printer to the network and print a test page to check whether the printer can work correctly.
Uninstall & Reinstall the printer driver:
To reinstall the Canon printer driver on your computer, follow the steps below.
- Select the Start button on the computer’s main screen.
- Now, search for the Control Panel option in the search bar.
- Click on the Control Panel option from the menu and select the Programs option.
- In the next window, choose the Programs & Features option.
- Now, select the printer driver from the list and right-click it.
- Click on the Uninstall option from the menu.
- Again, click on the Uninstall option in the confirmation dialog box.
- After uninstalling the Canon MG6821 printer driver from the computer, you need to reinstall it.
- Use the driver installation CD or visit the official support page of your Canon MG6821 printer to download and install the driver on your computer.
CANON PIXMA MG6821 SUPPORT CODE B203:
Follow the instructions below if the printer’s control panel displays the support code B203 error.
- Turn off your Canon printer and unplug its power cord.
- Disconnect the wireless router from the power source.
- Reconnect the power cord to your printer and the wireless router to the power source.
- Turn on your Canon MG6821 printer.
- Now, check whether the printer is working correctly.
- we have seen how to perform Canon Mg6821 Troubleshooting. Still, if the error continues, contact us for remote assistance.