How To Perform Canon Mx490 Troubleshooting?
The Canon Pixma MX490 printer is a multifunction machine that offers sheer comfort. With a unique high resolution of up to 4800 dpi and small 2.0 ink droplets, it provides high-quality results. It is considered to be an upgrade with additional wireless printing technologies like AirPrint compatibility so that you can print from anywhere at your home. Let us see how to perform Canon Mx490 Troubleshooting.
CANON MX490 PRINTER NOT TURNING ON
If the Canon Pixma MX490 printer is not turning on, check if you have the hardware setup done properly. Here are the steps you need to check.
- Make sure that the printer is placed on a flat surface, preferably closer to the router and the computer, for a simple wireless connection.
- Peel off the protective tapes surrounding the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Open the front cover, the document cover, and the paper input tray.
- Get rid of the packaging material/protective sheet present inside the document cover and close it.
- Remove the power cord from the sealed packaging.
- Connect the power cord to the Canon printer and to the main power source.
- Press the Power button.
- With the help of the navigation arrow buttons, select the language of your choice and press OK.
- Open the cover of the Pixma printer (to install the FINE Ink cartridges).
- Unpack both the cartridges from the protective packaging.
- Peel off the protective tape from the bottom of the cartridge.
- Place the FINE Ink cartridge into the respective color slot, push it inside until you hear the click sound.
- Repeat the steps for the other ink cartridge and close the front cover of the printer.
- Ensure that both the locks are holding the cartridge in position.
Your Canon Pixma MX490 printer will work just fine at the moment.
CANON MX490 PRINTER NOT RESPONDING
- Open Settings.
- Open the Windows Troubleshooter.
- Click the Troubleshoot tab located on the left side of the window.
- Click the Printer option.
- Select Run the troubleshooter.
- The Canon Mx490 Troubleshooting process will take some time and the issue will be resolved instantly.
CANON MX490 NOT FEEDING PAPER
- Remove the excess papers from the paper input tray.
- Align the papers properly and make sure to adjust the paper guides according to the edges of the papers.
- If you are feeding multiple papers at once, take out the papers and even them out.
- Make sure to not exceed the paper tray limit; check the indicator on the tray.
- Ensure that you choose the printing preferences suited to the paper.
- Load the papers with a smooth finish and not curled or damaged in any way.
- Make sure you set the proper media for the print settings you have chosen.
- Make sure to see if you are using the Canon-supported paper media for your prints.
CANON MX490 PRINTING BLANK PAGES
Use the Skip Blank Page option
- Open Devices and Printers from your Windows computer Control Panel.
- Locate and do a right-click on the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Click Printer Preferences.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Select Extended Settings.
- Click the checkbox to disable the Skip Blank page option.
- Click the OK button.
Resume printing with the Canon printer and you will no longer have the blank page printing issue.
CANON MX490 PRINTER OFFLINE
There are different methods that could solve the offline issue you are facing with the Canon Pixma MX490 printer. Here are two simple ways to resolve the issue.
Restart Print Spooler:
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button. The Windows Services window will open now.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click on the option and select the Restart option.
Set Canon Pixma MX490 as default:
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option and select the Canon printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and choose the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Choose the Canon printer that is offline from the list. Click the Print tab.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list. Next, select the Canon printer from the list.
CANON PIXMA MX490 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
- Check if your router is working.
- If you have changed the password for the router, make sure to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Some other errors can be because of a power outage.
- Make sure there are no objects in between the printer and the router, like other electronic devices (Microwave, cell phone).
- Disable the Firewall protection on your computer.
- If you have checked the above methods, you can simply reset the router.
- Take out a paper clip and insert it into the hole of the router and hold it for not more than 3 seconds. The router will be reset.
CANON MX490 SCANNER NOT WORKING
- Make sure that the Canon Pixma MX490 printer is connected to the computer (wired or wireless).
- Check if you have placed the document properly for scanning.
Ensure that you have the Canon IJ Scan utility downloaded to your computer.
Scanning from the computer
- Use the IJ Scan Utility to scan from the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Download the Utility from the Official Canon Support page.
- Open the support page for the Canon MX490 printer and click on the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Next, choose the Operating System from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Utilities tab.
- Finally, click the Select button and click Download.
How to use Canon IJ Scan utility?
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Open the Auto Document Feeder and place the original document you want to scan (with the printed side facing down).
- Click the Settings button.
- Make the necessary changes (paper size, resolution, etc.) based on your scanning requirements.
- Click the Auto button and wait for the scanning to begin.
CANON SCANNER NOT WORKING WIRELESS
“The Canon Pixma MX490 scanner not connecting to Wi-Fi” does not mean there is a problem with the printer. The problem can also be because of the wireless connection.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Visit a web page of your choice and see if the page opens.
(Scenario: If the page does not open, the problem is with the wireless connection. Reset the router to fix the issue).
Steps to reset the router:
- Make sure the router is powered on.
- Remove the AC power cord from the router and from the power source.
- Wait for at least 3-5 minutes, then connect the power cord back to the router and wait for all the lights to show up.
If the page opens, then there is definitely a problem with the Canon Pixma MX490 printer itself. One of the primary causes may be the disturbance between the printer and the router.
- Make sure there are no disturbances or obstacles between the router and the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Make sure the printer and the router are not near a Microwave, refrigerator, or any other metal devices (they can block the signal easily).
- Also, make sure the Canon Pixma MX490 printer is not away from the proximity range of the router.
CANON MX490 MOBILE PRINTING NOT WORKING
Mobile printing feature is one of the best in Canon Pixma MX490 printer. If mobile printing is not working, you need to check the following.
- Ensure that the mobile and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Make sure that the mobile is within the connection range of the router.
- See if the router is in working condition.
- See if there is a problem with the Internet Service Provider.
- Try to connect the Canon Pixma MX490 printer to a different power source in case of a power failure.
CANON MX490 PRINTER NOT PRINTING AFTER REFILLING INK
- Make sure the Canon MX490 printer is connected to the power source.
- If the Power light on the Canon printer is flashing, it means the printer has encountered an error.
- Make sure the light is solid.
- If you have the Canon printer connected to the computer through a USB cable, make sure the cable at both ends (printer and computer) is secured properly.
- If you find there is a physical problem with the USB cable, replace it.
Clear pending print jobs
Pending print jobs can be one of the reasons why the Canon MX490 printer is not printing. Here are the steps for both the Windows and Mac Operating Systems to resolve the issue.
- Open the Control Panel window (Windows + R).
- Select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Choose the Canon Pixma MX490 printer from the printer list.
- Now, click on the Open queue button. Do a right-click and delete the pending print jobs from the list.
- First, click the Apple icon and select the System Preferences option.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- Do a double-click on the Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Click on the pending print jobs and click on the X button to close. Now we have seen how to perform Canon Mx490 Troubleshooting.