Canon Pixma G3010 Setup
The Canon Pixma G3010 printer can print, scan, and copy. It has excellent printing resolution and supports borderless printing. The printer has been specially designed for high-volume printing at low running costs. This wireless, All-In-One printer comes with an integrated ink tank system.Let’s now look into the Canon Pixma G3010 setup in detail.
Unboxing the printer:
Unboxing the printer:
- First, open the printer box.
- Next, check whether the following components are available in the printer box.
- The Canon Pixma G3010 printer
- Ink bottles
- Power cable
- Setup CD-ROM (for Windows)
- The Getting Started Guide
- Safety and Important Information
2. Removing the packing materials:
- From the outside of your printer, remove the orange tape and other packing materials.
- Now, you have to open the scanning unit.
- Remove the protective material and orange tape from the inside of the printer. Discard them.
- You have now finished the initial stages in the Canon Pixma G3010 setup.
Installing the cartridges:
- First, you need to open the cartridge locking cover.
- Next, take out each of the cartridges from its package and remove the labels.
- It’s now time to remove the protective tape from every cartridge.
- Insert the B (Black) cartridge on the right and the C (Color) cartridge on the left. Refrain from bumping the cartridges against the surrounding areas.
- You can now close the cartridge locking cover and then push it down.
- Next, you need to press down both the joint buttons and go to the next step of the Canon Pixma G3010 setup.
Powering on the printer:
- Close the scanning unit if it is open.
- Take the power cable and connect one of its ends to the back of the printer.
- Now, plug the opposite end of this cable into an electrical socket.
- At this stage, don’t connect any other cables to the printer.
- On your printer, press the ON button.
- Make sure that the Ink icon and the “0” symbol are getting displayed on the printer screen.
- You are now done with another crucial stage in the Canon Pixma G3010 setup.
Filling the ink tanks:
- First, you need to open the scanning unit.
- Next, you have to open the printer’s ink tank cover.
- From the ink tank, grab and remove the tank cap.
- Now, turn your attention to the ink bottle. You have to hold it upright and then remove the bottle cap.
- You need to insert the ink bottle’s nozzle into the inlet and then stand the bottle upside down.
- It is now time to pour all the ink from the bottle into the tank. Ensure that the ink fills up until the upper limit line (A).
- Once you replace the tank cap, you need to close the tank cover.
- Repeat the above procedure until you pour all the ink into the corresponding tanks. You can use the labels provided for this purpose. Make sure that in each of the tanks, the ink is filled up to the upper limit line (A).
- Now, you need to lift the scanning unit to close it.
- You have now finished yet another step of the Canon Pixma G3010 setup.
Ink System Preparation:
- First, press the Black button on the printer. Make sure that the Ink icon disappears from the printer’s display screen.
- The ink preparation process will take 5 to 6 minutes. So, wait patiently for it to complete.
Connecting to the computer/smartphone:
You have now got three options to connect and access your printer:
- You can connect the printer either only to a computer or to both a computer and smartphone.
- You can connect the printer only to your smartphone.
- You can also use the printer without connecting it to a smartphone or computer.
Once you are done with one of the above types of connections, proceed with the loading of paper into the printer, which is the next stage in the Canon Pixma G3010 setup.
Loading paper into the printer:
- First, you need to open the paper support.
- Next, you have to slide the right paper guide to the end.
- Start loading paper such that the printable side faces up. Next, slide the right paper guide so that it aligns with the edge of the loaded paper stack.
- After pulling out the paper output tray, you have to open the printer’s output tray extension.
- You have now successfully finished the Canon Pixma G3010 setup.