How To Perform Canon Pixma Ix 6840 Troubleshooting?
Troubleshooting techniques enable us to handle the ongoing issue without any technical assistance. This article lists the best Canon Pixma Ix 6840 Troubleshooting techniques to fix the common problems that can frequently occur on the Canon Pixma iX 6840 printer. Read this article to resolve the issue you face with your Canon Pixma iX 6840 printer.
- If the paper gets jammed on your Canon printer, it will show you the exact place where the paper jam has occurred.
- Locate that specific area and remove all the jammed paper.
- Once done, you can resume the print job.
- If you prefer to avoid paper jam issues, do not load the paper beyond the indicated limit. Do not load damp or curled paper into the paper tray. Always fan and align the sheets before loading the paper stack. These preventive measures can help you fix the issue without much effort.
PRINTER NOT PRINTING
Try out all the solutions listed in this section if your Canon Pixma iX 6840 printer is not printing. They will guide you to fix the issue without much effort.
Check the connection
- Check whether your printer is turned on. In case it is in sleep mode, wake it up by pressing any button. Also, check whether your printer shows any error codes. If so, fix that error and check whether the issue is resolved.
- If you have connected your devices (printer and computer) via a USB cable, check whether the cable is in good condition. If you find any damage to it, replace it with a new one. If you don’t find any fault, disconnect the cable at both ends and reconnect it again.
- If you have connected your devices over a network, check whether you have connected them to the same network. Also, check your Internet’s stability. If it is not stable, fix it and check whether your issue is resolved.
Cancel print jobs
- When the print jobs get piled up on your printer’s memory, it may fail to print the documents. In that case, it is recommended to cancel all the documents from the queue.
- To do so, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your Canon printer and choose the See what’s printing option. Then, click on the Printer tab and choose the Cancel All Documents option.
- If you cannot find your Canon Pixma iX6840 printer online, check whether you have connected your printer to the same network to which your computer is connected.
- If you have enabled Use Printer Offline, your printer will not appear online. In those instances, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your Canon Pixma printer and select the See What’s Printing option. Then, go to the Printer tab and disable the Use Printer Offline option.
- Check whether you have set your Canon printer as the default one. If you don’t do that, your printer will not receive the print jobs you send from your computer. To set your Canon printer as the default printer, navigate to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your Canon printer and select the Set as default printer option.
COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING TECHNIQUES
Whatever the issue is, you can fix it to some extent by doing a power cycle and updating the printer driver. This section will guide you through the detailed procedure.
- A simple power cycle can help you fix most of the significant issues.
- To power cycle your Canon Pixma iX6840 printer, turn it off and disconnect the cables attached to it.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute. Then, reconnect all the cables and turn on your printer. Now, check whether you have fixed your issue.
Update your printer driver
- If you are using an outdated driver, it can impact your printer’s performance. It may also be the significant reason behind the malfunctioning of your printer.
- In that case, you can fix the issue by updating the printer driver. You can get the updated printer driver from the official page of Canon.
- Visit the official website of Canon from your browser. Enter your printer model and download the printer driver recommended for your OS. Then, install the updated one and check whether the issue is resolved. Now we have seen how to perform Canon Pixma Ix 6840 Troubleshooting.
If you still cannot fix your Canon Pixma iX6840 printer, reach out to us for remote assistance.