Canon Pixma Ix6800 Setup
Have you recently bought a photo printer from the Canon PIXMA iX6800 series? Fortunately, you have picked a very good printer with excellent photo printing quality. Here we have discussed the Canon PIXMA iX6800 setup in detail. This printer’s build and design quality are awesome, and it delivers decent color accuracy. Let’s see how to perform the first-time printer setup for your Canon PIXMA iX6800.
- First, unpack your printer and ensure that you have all the components ready for the setup.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the inside and the outside of your printer.
- Connect the printer to a stable power supply and turn it on.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the orange tape from each cartridge.
- Next, open the printer’s top cover and insert each cartridge correctly into its holder.
- Ensure that all the lamps are lit and then close the top cover.
- Open the paper input tray and slide apart the paper guides.
- Insert some plain paper into the paper feeder and adjust them with the paper guides.
- Remember to open the paper output tray.
- Print the alignment page and proceed to install the printer software on your computer.
- Using the provided CD-ROM, run the driver installation wizard on your computer.
- In the setup wizard, start the driver installation process by selecting your language, region, and required drivers.
- Next, pick your connection method and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Carry out the on-screen prompts and complete the driver installation process.
- To verify the Canon PIXMA iX6800 printer setup, print a test page.
Canon Pixma Ix6800 Ink Cartridges
The Canon PIXMA iX6800 series printers have five ink cartridges. These cartridges make this printer deliver a vibrant color print quality. In the above section, you would have seen briefly about installing the ink cartridges on your printer. Here let’s see the same in detail.
- Verify if your Canon printer is turned on.
- Open the top cover of your printer.
- Ensure that the packing materials inside the printer are cleared.
- Unpack the ink cartridges one by one.
- Remove the plastic box and the orange tape before you install the cartridge into the holder.
- When you insert the cartridge correctly, the cartridge lamp will light up solid.
- After installing all the cartridges into the holder, close the top cover of your printer and print an alignment page to verify the print quality.
Canon Ix6800 Driver Download
A driver for your Canon PIXMA iX6800 printer is essential to access all its features from the computer. If the provided CD-ROM doesn’t support your computer, download the driver using the buttons provided below. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Canon site.Driver Download (Windows) Driver Download (Macintosh)
Canon Ix6800 Driver Mac
- On your Mac, launch the default browser.
- Go to the official Canon site and click the Support tab.
- Input your printer model number in the search field. Click the model that comes first from the search results.
- On the next page, click the Software & Drivers tab and wait until your macOS version is detected automatically.
- Pick the driver you want from the available list and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- You can access the downloaded driver file from the Downloads section of your browser.
Canon Pixma Ix6800 Scan
Scanning is made easy with Canon PIXMA models but not with the Canon PIXMA iX6800 series. These are Inkjet printers that are manufactured without a scanner and so you can only print documents.
Canon Ix6800 Wireless Setup
Are you looking forward to connecting your printer to your wireless network? The instructions given below will help you with the Canon iX6800 wireless setup.
- Start by turning on your printer, computer, and wireless router.
- Place your printer closer to your wireless router.
- Connect your computer to your local wireless network and run the driver installation wizard using the provided CD-ROM or the downloaded driver package.
- In the setup wizard, select the Network Connection option as your connection method.
- Click the Wireless Connection button and select the Connect to the network option.
- Pick the Cableless setup option and go to your printer control panel.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the white lamp flashes two times.
- In the setup wizard, carry out the on-screen instructions and establish the wireless connection between the devices.
- Finally, pick the required driver you want and click Next.
- Complete the wireless setup and verify the connection by printing a test page.
Canon Pixma Ix6800 Setup For Mac
Attention, Mac users! This section describes how to install the Canon iX6800 printer on a Mac computer.
- To begin with, connect your Mac to your local wireless network.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Download the driver for your Canon iX6800 printer from the official Canon site and save it to a folder on your Mac.
- Run the driver file and the installer.
- If prompted, input your Mac administrator password in the required field and click Continue.
- Start the setup in the wizard that appears.
- Pick your connection type and carry out the on-screen instructions to establish the wireless connection between your devices.
- Install the required software by selecting them in the setup wizard and complete the process on your Mac.
Canon Pixma Ix6800 Mobile Printing
The Canon PIXMA iX6800 printer series support Apple AirPrint and the Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app for mobile printing. Let’s see the Canon PIXMA iX6800 setup for mobile printing on Android in this section.
Downloading The Canon Mobile App
- On your Android phone, turn on mobile data and open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for the Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Tap the Install button and wait until the app is downloaded.
Connecting The Printer To The App And Printing The Document
- Connect your printer and mobile phone to the same wireless network.
- Open the Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app.
- Let the app detect the printer connected to your wireless network.
- Select and register your printer in the app.
- Next, ensure that your printer is loaded with enough paper.
- Open the document you want to print from the Canon app.
- Select your printer and specify the print settings.
- Tap Print to start printing your document.
Hope you have completely learned the Canon PIXMA iX6800 setup from this page. For further queries and assistance, get in touch with our technical experts through the call option on this page.