Canon Pixma Ix6800 Setup For Mac
Being a Wireless Business Inkjet printer, Canon PIXMA iX6800 supports all the possible wireless connectivity options you need. Therefore, you can connect this printer to any wireless device to make wireless printing easier. As this printer supports AirPrint, you can quickly print any documents from Apple devices without installing any apps. Here, we have discussed the Canon PIXMA iX6800 setup for Mac.
Let’s complete the basic printer setup:
- First, take out your printer from the package and check the components.
- Remove the packing materials.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord.
- Power up the printer and open the top cover.
- Wait for the carriage to stop moving from right to left.
- Unpack the ink cartridges.
- Install each cartridge into the carriage after removing the protective seals from them.
- Close the top cover and raise the paper support.
- Slide apart the paper guides.
- Insert a stack of plain sheets into the document feeder.
- Adjust the sheets with the paper guides and open the paper output tray.
The hardware setup is now completed. Proceed to the Canon PIXMA iX6800 software setup on your Mac.
Let’s install the printer software on your Mac:
- Use the Setup CD-ROM to run the driver installation wizard on your Mac.
- If you don’t have the CD/DVD drive on your Mac computer, download the driver from the official Canon site and create a disk image of it on the desktop.
- Run the setup wizard and click the Start Setup button.
- If prompted, enter the administrator password in the available field and click Continue.
- Accept the license agreements.
- Pick your connection type and follow the instructions in the setup wizard.
- Once you have connected the printer to your Mac, install the required software.
- Click Finish to complete the software setup.
Let’s add the printer to your Mac:
Usually, the setup wizard will finish this part after the driver installation. In case your printer isn’t added to your Mac, follow these steps.
- Click the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Make sure that your printer is not listed in the left-side panel.
- Click the plus symbol at the bottom-left corner and select your printer’s name from the available list.
- Click on the Use drop-down menu and choose the driver installed previously.
- Finally, click the Add button to add your Canon PIXMA iX6800 and finish the setup on your Mac. Now we have seen how to perform Canon Pixma Ix6800 Setup For Mac.