CANON PIXMA IX6820 SETUP
This webpage covers the Canon iX6820 setup process, which includes installing the ink tanks, connecting the printer to a Wi-Fi network, driver installation, and more. Continue reading this page to know how to perform these procedures. If you need any assistance in performing the Canon iX6820 setup, click Call to contact our technical experts for the same.Prior to proceeding with the following instructions, ensure that you have unboxed your printer and removed all the protective materials from it. Let us see how to perform Canon Pixma Ix6820 Setup.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 INK SETUP
If you’re installing the ink tanks for the first time on your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer, follow the step-by-step instructions given below.
- First, connect your printer to a power outlet and turn it on, if it is turned off.
- Open the front cover followed by the top cover of your printer.
- Now, you can see the print head holder moving; it might take a few seconds to become stable.
- Meanwhile, unpack the ink tanks. Remove the packing tapes and the orange caps from the tanks.
- Once the holder becomes stable, install the unpacked ink tanks into their slots.
- Check to ensure that the tanks are installed properly in their slots.
- Before closing the top cover, make sure that the lamps of the tanks are turned on.
- Close the top and front covers of your printer.
- Now, you can see the Power light blinking in white; wait for it to stay lit.
- Finally, check whether the Alarm light is flashing in orange. If yes, it means the tanks are installed properly. Otherwise, reinstall the tanks.
*Note: You can also refer to the above instructions to replace the empty or damaged ink tank on your printer. Initially, get the replacement tank from the store. Next, open the covers and remove the damaged or empty tank from its slot. Unpack and install the new tank in its slot. Follow the rest of the instructions as discussed above to replace the tank successfully.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 DRIVER
Generally, the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer setup is incomplete without the driver installation process. The setup CD-ROM provided along with the printer during the purchase contains all the drivers. In case the setup CD-ROM is not provided, or your OS type is incompatible with it, you can download the soft copy of the driver file from the printer’s support page.
- Go to the support page of Canon and click the Printers option.
- Select Inkjet Single Function > iX Series > PIXMA iX6820.On the support page of your printer, click the DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS tab.
- Now, the printer drivers available for your OS type will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the driver(s) you need from the list and click Download beside it.
- Once the selected driver is downloaded, run and install it on your computer.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 WIRELESS SETUP
You can perform the Canon PIXMA iX6820 wireless setup easily and quickly using the printer driver file. Run the printer setup file on your computer. When prompted, select the Wireless Connection option and connect your printer and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network. Scroll down this page to know the Canon PIXMA iX6820 setup over a wireless network in detail.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 CONNECT TO WIFI
CONNECTING THE CANON PIXMA IX6820 PRINTER TO A WI-FI NETWORK FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Initially, make sure that your printer is unpacked and turned on. Check and load enough paper into the cassette. Similarly, install the ink tanks into their slots.
- Next, download the printer driver from the printer’s support page if you don’t have the setup CD-ROM.
- Turn on your wireless router or access point and connect it to a stable internet connection.
- Connect your computer (that you're using) to the same Wi-Fi network to which you’re about to connect the printer.
- Place the printer, computer, and wireless router closer.
Installing the printer over a wireless network
- Open and run the Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer driver file on your computer.
- Install the necessary printer drivers and follow the on-screen instructions to reach the Connection Method Selection screen.
- Select the Network Connection option followed by Wireless Connection.
- Turn on your printer, if it is turned off.
- Click the Connect to the Network button on the Printer Setup screen.
- Now, on the opened screen, select the WPS or Cableless Setup option and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- After completing the Canon PIXMA iX6820 Wi-Fi setup process successfully, print a test page from your computer to the printer to check whether the configuration is done correctly.
- If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the Wi-Fi setup process is done correctly. Otherwise, re-perform the Wi-Fi setup process.
Printing a test page (Windows)
- In the Devices and Printers window, select and right-click on your Canon printer.
- Click Printer Properties > General > Print Test Page.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 DUPLEX PRINTING
Follow the step-by-step instructions given below to perform duplex printing on your Canon printer.
- Initially, load the supported paper type into the paper cassette of your printer.
- Next, check to ensure that your devices, such as the printer and computer, are connected to the same network.
- Now, open the application that supports the Print function on your computer.
- Select and open the document you want to print from the opened application.
- Go to the Print dialog box.
- Locate and select the Duplex Printing or 2-sided printing option in the dialog box.
- Configure the duplex printing settings as per your preferences.
- Finally, click the Print button.
- Follow the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the duplex printing operation.
CANON IX6820 SCANNER
Canon PIXMA iX6820 is a single-functional printer, and it only supports the “print” operation.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 SETUP FOR MAC
The Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer supports three different connectivity options like Wired, Wireless, and USB. So, you can choose one of these connectivity options to install the printer in Mac. If you wish to use Wi-Fi, refer to the instructions given under the “Canon PIXMA iX6820 connect to Wi-Fi” section of this page. Similarly, if you wish to use a Wired or USB cable connection, continue reading this page.
- Initially, connect your Canon printer directly to the network router using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, connect your Mac computer to the same network over a wired or Wi-Fi connection.
- After connecting the devices (computer and printer) to the same network, run the printer setup file on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted, choose the Wired Connection option.
- Complete the Canon PIXMA iX6820 setup over a wired connection by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Connect your Canon printer directly to the Mac computer using the USB cable.
- Open the System Preferences window on your computer.
- Select Printers & Scanners and click Plus.
- Install your printer on the Mac computer by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether your Canon PIXMA iX6820 printer is installed successfully on the Mac computer.
Printing a test page
- In the Printers & Scanners window, select your Canon printer.
- Click Open Print Queue > Printer > Print Test Page.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 AIRPRINT
If your macOS device supports AirPrint, you can wirelessly print a document or photo directly from it to the printer. Initially, connect your printer and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, check and enable the Bonjour feature on your printer.
- After preparing your printer for AirPrint, follow the below instructions.
- On your Mac computer, open the document or page you want to print.
- Click the Share or Operation icon.
- Select the Print option.
- Now, in the opened window, select your Canon printer and configure the print settings.
- Finally, click the Print button again.
- Now, your printer will start to print the selected document. We have learned how to perform Canon Pixma Ix6820 Setup.