How To Perform Canon Pixma Ix6820 Troubleshooting?
If you have any problem with your Canon iX6850 printer, you can use the troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. Sometimes, the Canon printers will stop working due to connectivity problems, low ink level, lack of paper, and hardware or software issues. By following the below Canon Pixma Ix6820 Troubleshooting methods, you can solve your printer issues without much effort.
CANON IX6820 NOT RESPONDING:
If your printer is not responding, it will not print the assigned printing jobs. You can follow the below steps to solve this issue.
Check the port settings:
- Select the Start menu on your computer and choose the Restart option.
- Wait for some time for your computer to restart.
- Now, power off the Canon iX6850 printer and the wireless router.
- After the computer turns on, choose the Devices and Printers option on the Control Panel to check the port settings.
- Click on your printer model and select the Printer tab.
- Choose the Properties option from the menu.
- Now, select the Ports tab and check all the port settings.
- If it doesn’t work, then do the below instructions.
Update the printer driver:
- Go to the Device Manager section and right-click on your printer.
- Now, select the Advanced tab and click on the New Driver button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update your printer driver.
- Check whether the Canon iX6850 printer is now responding.
Restart the print spooler:
- Click on the Start menu on your computer and open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the text area and click the OK button.
- The Services window will display on the screen.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option from the list and select the Restart option.
- Now, check whether the printer is responding correctly.
CANON IX6820 NOT PRINTING:
“Canon printer not printing” is a common problem that may occur due to connectivity issues, unwanted print jobs, etc. Follow the below instructions to solve the “Canon iX6820 Printer not printing” issue.
Check the connectivity:
- Check whether the power cord is connected to your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Check whether your printer is powered on.
- If you have connected your Canon printer and the computer using a USB cable, check whether the cable is connected correctly. If there is any damage to the USB cable, replace it.
- If you use a Wi-Fi network, ensure that the printer and your computer are on the same network.
- When you connect the printer over the LAN network, check whether the printer is connected correctly to the network using a LAN cable.
- Now, check whether the Canon iX6820 printer is printing properly.
- If it doesn’t print, then follow the below instructions.
Delete unwanted print jobs:
- Open the Canon printer software on your computer.
- Click the Display Print Queue button.
- Now, choose your printer from the Printer tab and click on the Cancel All Documents option.
- When a confirmation message displays on the screen, click on the Yes button to delete the print jobs on your computer.
- Now, check whether the printer is printing correctly.
Set your printer as the default:
- Go to the Start menu on your computer and open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option from the list.
- If you see any copy of your Canon printer icon, right-click on it and select the Delete or Remove device option from the menu list.
- Right-click on the relevant printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Check whether your printer can print now.
CANON IX6820 NOT PRINTING BLACK:
If your printer is not printing black, try to replace the low ink cartridge by following the Canon Pixma Ix6820 Troubleshooting instructions below.
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- Open the output tray and the top cover of the printer.
- Now, check the black ink tank lamp.
- If the black ink tank lamp flashes, you need to replace it with a new one.
- Unpack the new black ink cartridge and discard the protective tapes.
- Now, remove the empty ink cartridge from the respective slot and insert the new ink cartridge into its place.
- Check whether the ink cartridge is installed correctly in its place.
- Close the top cover.
- Do not use an incompatible ink cartridge for your printer. Always use the recommended one.
- Now, make sure whether the printer is printing in black.
CANON IX6820 PRINTHEAD CLEANING:
If your printer is printing blank pages even though the ink tanks are full, you need to clean the printheads. Follow the below instructions to clean the printhead.
- Turn on your Canon iX6820 printer.
- Press the RESUME/CANCEL button and release it when the Power lamp flashes once.
- Now, the printer will automatically start to clean the printhead.
- The printer will complete the printhead cleaning process when the Power lamp flashes once.
- Now, print the nozzle check pattern to check the printhead condition.
- Check whether the printer is printing correctly.
CANON IX6820 PRINTHEAD REPLACEMENT:
If you want to replace the printhead on your printer, follow the below instructions.
- Power on your printer.
- Open the output tray and the top cover of the Canon iX6820 printer.
- Wait until the printhead moves to the replacement position.
- Remove all the ink tanks from the respective slot.
- Now, lift the printhead lock lever and remove the printhead from the printer.
- Unpack the new printhead from its package and discard the protective tapes from the printhead.
- Gently, insert the new printhead into the printer and lower the printhead lock lever.
- Now, insert the ink tanks into the respective slot.
- Make sure to install the ink tank correctly in its place.
- Close the top cover.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 PAPER JAM:
If your printer faces a paper jam problem, all the assigned printer jobs will be stuck on the printer, and it will not print. Follow the below instructions to solve the paper jam issue.
- Turn off your Canon printer and disconnect the power cord.
- If the paper jam has occurred during printing, press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the print jobs before you power off the printer.
- Now, pull the paper tray out from the Canon iX6820 printer.
- Slowly, remove the jammed paper inside the paper tray area.
- Make sure to remove all the jammed paper from the printer.
- If it does not work, then check under the printhead holder.
- Now, open the top cover and check whether the jammed paper is below the printhead holder.
- Gently, pull out the jammed paper inside the printer.
- Once you have removed all the jammed paper, close the top cover.
- Now, check whether the printer is working correctly.
CANON PIXMA IX6820 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI:
If your Canon iX6820 printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi, follow the below instructions to solve the issue.
Reconnect the printer:
- If you have already turned on your printer, turn it off and unplug the power cord from it.
- Now, disconnect the wireless router and wait for some time.
- Turn on your router again by connecting the necessary cables.
- After turning on the router, plug the power cord into the back of your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Power on your printer.
- Now, connect your printer to the network and print a test page to check whether the printer is working correctly.
Uninstall the printer driver:
To uninstall the Canon iX6820 printer driver on your computer, follow the steps.
- Select the Start button on the computer’s main screen.
- Now, search for the Control Panel option in the search bar.
- Click on the Control Panel option from the search results and select the Programs option.
- In the next window, click on the Programs & Features option.
- Now, select the printer driver from the list and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall option from the menu.
- Again, click on the Uninstall option in the confirmation dialog box.
- After uninstalling the printer driver from the computer, you need to reinstall it.
You can follow the above Canon Pixma Ix6820 Troubleshooting methods to solve the problems with your Canon printer.