HOW TO PERFORM CANON PIXMA IX6850 SETUP?
Canon Pixma iX6850 is a high-performing machine with Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity options. Also, it supports mobile printing. Whenever you use the Canon Pixma iX6850 printer, you only get superior-quality documents and photos. Thanks to Canon's FINE technology, this printer’s speed is up to 14.5 ipm in mono and 10.4 ipm in color. Let us see how to complete the Canon Pixma iX6850 setup. Once you have unboxed the printer, you can proceed with loading the paper, powering on the printer, installing the ink cartridges, etc. Now, let us see the ink cartridge setup on your printer.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 INK CARTRIDGES SETUP
- Turn on the printer and carefully open the printer’s cartridge access door.
- Wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Hold the ink cartridge upside down for 2 minutes to get better print quality. Now, remove the orange protective cap on the cartridge.
- See the label color on the ink cartridge and insert it into the corresponding color slot.
- Make sure the cartridge is well placed.
- Close the front access door.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 DRIVER
To start printing from your printer, you must have installed the latest printer driver. The driver lets you use the full capabilities of the printer. If the printer doesn’t come built with a driver, you can download it directly from the Canon site. Follow these instructions and download the compatible driver for your printer.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 DRIVER MAC
- Go to the official Canon site.
- Click the Support tab on the main page.
- Click Drivers under the Downloads & Help tab.
- On the next page, type your printer name and search for it.
- Click the View all operating systems drop-down menu to choose your operating system.
- Select the operating system to find the drivers for download.
- Now, you can see a list of drivers that your OS supports.
- Choose any of the drivers and click Download.
CANON IX6850 WIRELESS SETUP
When using a new printer, the first thing you have to do is set up a connection between your printer and the device from which you wish to print. You can connect the printer with a Windows system, Mac or mobile device. Setting up the printer with your device is not too complicated. Just follow the instructions to complete the wireless setup.
CANON IX6850 CONNECT TO WIFI
Wireless connection method for Windows:
- After downloading the driver, open the setup file to start the wireless setup procedure.
- On the initial screen, click the Next button.
- The Connection Method Selection window pops up.
- Choose Network Connection --> Wireless Connection.
- Check if your printer is turned on and the power lamp is lit. Click Next.
- On the Printer Setup pop-up, select the Connect to the network option.
- The Setup Procedure Selection window pops up. Select the Cableless setup option.
- When the next instruction screen appears, hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer until the white power lamp flashes twice. Release the Wi-Fi button immediately after the second flash.
- Click Next.
- On the following prompt, choose your region and click Next.
- Now, choose your country and click Next.
- When the Software Installation List screen appears, select the software you wish to install and click Next.
- On the License Agreement screen, click Yes.
- Click Next on the following screen.
- If your printer cannot be detected in the network, click Redetect. You may need to click redetect several times because the software may take a minute to detect the printer.
- If the wireless setup is successful, you will see the Setup has been completed message.
- Click Complete.
- Click Next.
- Select Next on the Setup Complete screen.
- Now, you will be prompted to register your printer. Choose between Cancel and Next; the option is yours.
- Click either Agree or Do not agree in the Extended Survey Program window.
- Click the Exit button.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 AIRPRINT
Steps to print with AirPrint on a Mac:
- Please turn on the printer and connect it to the same wireless network your Mac system is connected to.
- Go to the Apple menu --> System Preferences.
- Select the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Find and click the + symbol.
- Select the printer name you wish to add and click the Add button.
- Now, your printer will be added to the list.
- Once added, you can print any file directly using AirPrint.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 BORDERLESS PRINTING
The borderless printing feature helps print photos without any margin. The picture will be enlarged to extend the print off the paper.
- In the Print dialog box, choose borderless in the Paper Size field.
- Choose the Borderless Printing option from the pop-up menu.
- Adjust the Amount of Extension using the slider.
- If you move the slider to the right, the amount extending off the paper increases.
- If you move the slider to the left, the amount extending off the paper decreases.
- After choosing your desired settings, click Print.
CANON PIXMA IX6850 SCANNER
The Canon Pixma iX6850 is not an all-in-one, multi-functional printer, so you cannot use it for scanning. The printer can only print.
You can complete the Canon Pixma iX6850 setup with the above instructions. Do not skip any steps. If you do so, you might need to restart the procedure again.