Canon Pixma Mg3620 Setup
Canon Pixma Mg3620 Printer Setup
- Unpack the product box and take out the printer and the components you received along with it.
- Your package contains the Canon PIXMA mg3620 printer, ink cartridges, CD-ROM, power cord, and user manual.
- Remove all the packing tapes and protective materials from the printer and its components.
- Take out the power cord you received along with your printer and connect it between the printer and an electrical socket.
- Turn on your printer, and the lights start to show up on it.
- Open the paper output tray followed by the paper output cover. Now, the head cover starts to open automatically.
- Insert the FINE cartridge into the FINE cartridge holder and press it gently until it snaps in its place. Install the black ink cartridge into the right slot and color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Once you have completed the FINE cartridge installation, close the paper output cover and the output tray.
- Take out the paper tray and slide the paper guides towards the edges. Take a stack of paper and fan and align the sheets. Now, load the paper into the paper tray with the print side facing down. Slide the edge guides against the paper, and extend the output tray.
- Take out the CD-ROM you received along with your printer and insert it into your computer's CD drive. Run the setup file and then install the software by following the on-screen instructions.
- If your computer doesn't have a CD drive, visit the official website of Canon and download the appropriate driver recommended for your OS. Finally, install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
To begin with the setup process, you must first do the hardware setup.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 driver
- On your computer, launch the default browser and visit the official support page of Canon.
- In the search area, type Canon PIXMA mg3620 and press Enter.
- In the search results, select your printer model. Then, you’ll be taken to the product support page.
- Click on the Drivers & Downloads option. It detects your Operating System automatically and will show you a list of drivers compatible with the detected OS.
- You can also change the OS manually. Click on Operating System, and select your preferred OS along with its version from the drop-down menu.
- In the Language field, select your preferred language from the drop-down.
- A list of drivers compatible with the selected OS will be displayed. Choose the required driver, click on the Select button next to it, and click the Download button.
- The chosen driver will start to download in the background, and once the download is over, you can access it on the saved destination.
- Open the folder, run the setup file, and install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 scan to e-mail
- With Canon PIXMA mg3620, you can send the scanned images via e-mail.
- On your computer, launch to the IJ Scan Utility. Click the Settings button and select the Photo Scan option. Choose the Attach to e-mail option under Application settings, select an e-mail client from the drop-down, and click OK.
- Then, it will take you to the IJ Scan Utility main screen. Select Photo, and then it will start to scan the images. Once the scanning is over, the e-mail client you have specified earlier will start, and the scanned images will be attached to a new message. Enter the recipient, subject, and message, and then send the e-mail.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 scan
- Download and install the IJ Scan Utility on your computer.
- Place the original documents to be scanned into the document feeder.
- On your computer, click Start, select All Programs>Canon Utilities>IJ Scan Utilities.
- On the IJ Scan Utility, click Settings, specify the settings you prefer, and click OK.
- Then, click the Document button to start the scanning.
- Once the scanning is complete, you can access the scanned documents in the saved destination of your computer.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 setup Mac
- Perform the initial setup of your printer, just as mentioned in the previous section.
- On your computer, open a browser and visit the official support page of Canon.
- In the search field, enter the printer model and press Enter.
- Select your printer from the search results, and then you will be taken to the product support page.
- From the list of options, select Drivers & Downloads. Depending on the browser you are using, it will detect your OS automatically and show you a list of drivers compatible with your OS.
- You can also change the OS just as you prefer. Click on the drop-down menu next to Operating System, and select Mac along with the version you are using. From the drop-down menu next to Language, choose your preferred language.
- Then, the drivers compatible with the selected OS will be displayed.
- Choose the required driver, click on the Select button next to it, and click Download.
- The selected driver will start to download in the background, and once the download is over, you can access it in the saved destination.
- Open the downloaded file, run the setup file, and install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Open the driver, add your printer, and start printing wirelessly.
- You can also print using the USB connection. Connect your printer and computer using a USB cable, open the printer driver and start printing.
Canon Pixma mg3620 connect to a laptop
- Download and install the printer driver, just as mentioned in the previous section.
- Connect your printer and laptop using a USB cable. On your laptop, click Start and select Settings>Devices>Add a printer or scanner. Your laptop will detect the printer and complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions. Then, unplug the USB cable.
- Connect your laptop and printer to the same network, open the printer driver, and start printing.
- You can also use the USB connection for printing. Connect your laptop and printer using a USB cable, open the printer driver, and start printing.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 print setup
- Perform the initial setup of your printer just as mentioned in the previous section.
- Download an appropriate driver recommended for your OS from the Canon official support page. Now, install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Connect your printer and computer using a USB cable. Add your printer to the computer.
- Connect your printer to the same network to which your computer is connected. Then, open the printer driver and start printing.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 Bluetooth setup
The Canon PIXMA mg3620 printer doesn't offer Bluetooth connectivity.
Canon Pixma mg3620 wireless setup
- Connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Download and then install the printer driver from the official website of Canon.
- Add the printer to your computer, open the printer driver and start printing.
WPS Push method
- You can also connect your printer and router using the WPS push method.
- Before you start, make sure you have a WPS-enabled router.
- Press the Wi-Fi button for around 10 seconds on your printer, and the POWER light will start to blink.
- Press the Black start button followed by the Wi-Fi button.
- The Wi-Fi light will start to flash. Quickly press the WPS button on your router. Then, the router and printer connection will be established, and the Wi-Fi lamp will be lit on your printer.
Canon Pixma mg3620 iPhone setup
- Canon PIXMA mg3620 supports AirPrint. So, you can print your documents and photos from your iPhone using AirPrint. You don't need to install any additional driver.
- Connect your printer and iPhone over the same network. Then, enable the AirPrint feature on your iPhone. Select the documents or photos you would like to print and tap the Action icon. Select the printer from the list of nearby printers and tap on Print. Now, your printer starts to print the documents.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 Wi-Fi setup
- Connect your printer and computer to the same internet.
- Open the Wi-Fi setup wizard on your printer and enter your router's network name and password to complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- Download the appropriate driver from the Canon official support site, and install it on your computer.
- Add your printer to the computer, open the driver and start printing.
Canon PIXMA mg3620 troubleshooting
- If you are experiencing paper jam problems, you can resolve that issue by following the simple steps below.
- In case paper is jammed in the output slot, pull out the output slot and remove the jammed papers slowly.
- If you find the paper jammed in the transport unit, turn off the printer, open the transport unit, and remove the jammed paper gently.
- To prevent paper jams, always fan and align the paper before loading the paper.
- Do not load paper more than the indicated limit.
Paper feed problem
- If your paper fails to feed for printing, remove it from the input tray and reload the paper after fanning and aligning the sheets neatly.
- Make sure that you have inserted the input tray completely into the printer.
- If you have loaded one or two papers, remove them and load a stack of paper and check whether it feeds now.
- Check the paper guides. If they are too tight, your printer may fail to feed the paper.
- Set Canon mg3620 as the default printer. On your computer, go to Printers & Scanners. Select your printer and click on Manage. Then, select Set as Default.
- Remove your printer from the Devices and Printers section of your computer and add it again.
- Power cycle the printer. Turn off the Canon printer and unplug it from the electrical socket. Wait for around 2 minutes and then replug your printer into the electrical socket and turn it on. Now, check whether you can find your printer online.
- Update the printer driver. In most instances, updating the driver can help you fix most of the significant issues.
- Restart your computer.