CANON PIXMA MG6821 SETUP
Canon Pixma MG6821 is a multifunctional printer that can be useful in your day-to-day printing operations. This Canon printer supports both wired and wireless connectivity options, which is a positive point worth mentioning here. Apart from this, some of the power printing options include: AirPrint, Mopria Print Services, Canon PRINT app, and much more. Canon Pixma MG6821 provides you with a feature to easily print Instagram and Facebook photos directly from your smartphone or tablet. The printer can easily print two-sided documents, which eventually reduces the paper cost by up to 50%. This Canon printer rates at 15 images per minute (ipm) for black prints and 9.7 ipm for color prints.
CANON PIXMA MG6821 INK CARTRIDGE SETUP
The Canon Pixma MG6821 printer uses a five cartridge system. The colors of the cartridges are: Pigment Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black. With the help of these cartridges, you can actually get crisp and bold photos. With all that said, let us see the ink cartridge setup procedure.
- First, open the printer’s top cover.
- Open the operation panel until it stops.
- Take the ink cartridges out of the packaging materials.
- Install all the five ink cartridges one by one into their slots.
- Finally, close the printer’s top cover.
CANON MG6821 DRIVER
A driver is used to convert the data to a format that the printer understands quickly. Most printers require the latest drivers to work fine without any issues. It is important that you update the printer software from time to time to bring out the maximum performance of your printer.
Driver Download steps:
- Open any web browser of your choice.
- Go to your printer’s support page.
- Click on Drivers & Downloads.
- You will be able to see four different options, namely: Drivers, Software, Firmware, and Utilities.
- Under the Drivers section, choose the OS version and Language. If printer drivers are available for your computer’s OS and its version, they will be listed.
- Once done, you can see the recommended drivers and optional drivers.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button to download the drivers on your computer. The downloading time will totally depend on your Internet speed.
- After the downloading is completed, you can carry on with the driver installation steps.
Driver installation steps:
- Double-click on the downloaded driver setup file.
- Follow the setup wizard carefully and execute the instructions displayed in the wizard.
- Click Install to continue.
- Read the printer's license agreement and select the checkbox to accept the same.
- Now, choose the Local connection type and click Continue.
- You can now connect your Canon printer to your computer using the wired connection (USB).
- Reboot your PC if you don’t see the printer on the list.
- If the printer's setup wizard prompts you to enter the IP address, then enter the correct IP address.
- Click Finish to complete the installation on your computer.
CANON MG6821 SCAN TO COMPUTER
Initial preparations to perform a scan:
- Turn on your computer and the Canon Pixma MG6821 printer.
- Connect the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open the scanner lid, and you will be able to see the markings next to the glass bottom. These markings show you how a document needs to be oriented in the scanner.
- Place your document facing down the scanner glass.
- Once placed appropriately, close the scanner lid.
- So, the initial setup is over.
In the upcoming sections, we have listed out the steps you can follow to scan a document to your Windows or Mac computer.
- Connect your computer with a reliable power source and turn on the machine.
- Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- In the search bar, type in Windows fax and scan and hit Enter.
- Under Best match, Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- You need to click on the New Scan menu.
- In the next window, verify that your Canon printer model is shown next to the Scanner. For example: Scanner: Canon Pixma MG6821.
- If your printer is not showing up, then click the Change option and select your Canon Pixma MG6821 printer.
- Once that’s done, change the settings according to your choice (Profile, Color format, File type, Resolution (DPI), etc).
- Since you are scanning a document, select your File type as PDF.
- Now, click on the Preview option to preview the document on your computer screen.
- Previewing helps you know whether the document is crooked, uneven, or chopped.
- Once you have thoroughly examined the document, click the Scan option.
- The document will begin scanning into your computer.
- The scanned document will be saved inside File Explorer.
- Click Documents and double-click the Documents folder to locate the scanned document.
- Thus, these are the steps involved in scanning a document on your Windows computer.
The steps to receive the scanned document on your Mac computer are similar to that of Windows (involves a little bit of changes here and there).
- Turn on your Mac computer. Next, click the Apple logo from the top left-hand side of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that’s displayed, select System Preferences.
- Now, in the System Preferences window, choose Printers & Scanners.
- Next, you need to choose your Canon printer.
- Click the Scan tab followed by Open Scanner.
- Now, you need to click on the Show details option to make the required changes (Scan mode, Color or Black/White copy, Resolution, Format, etc).
- Select the storage location and click Scan.
- Your document will begin scanning into your Mac computer.
- Once the scanning is over, you will find the scanned copy under your preferred location.
- So, these are the steps involved in scanning a document on your Mac computer.
CANON MG6821 SCAN TO EMAIL
- Open the IJ Scan Utility application.
- Search for Settings and click on it.
- The Settings dialog box will be displayed on your screen.
- Choose the Photo Scan option.
- Find the Attach to email option.
- Click on an E-mail client and press the OK button.
- The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.
- Select Photo, and the scanning process starts.
- When the scan is complete, the image gets attached to the email.
CANON MG6821 SCAN MULTIPLE PAGES
Using IJ Scan Utility software would be beneficial to scan multiple pages.
You can scan two or more photos placed on the scanner glass and save each image individually.
- Start the IJ Scan Utility software.
- Click Settings.
- Click Custom Scan.
- Select the desired source accordingly.
- Select Auto scan for paper size.
- Once the IJ Scan Utility window opens up, click on the Custom menu.
- Now, multiple items can be scanned in one shot.
CANON MG6821 WIRELESS SETUP
- Initially, check whether the Canon Pixma MG6821 printer is turned on. Next, do the following steps.
- Press the Home button on the printer’s front panel.
- Navigate to the WLAN option.
- Now, tap the Wireless LAN setup option.
- You will see a Wi-Fi lamp flashing when the wireless connection method is enabled.
- Now, go to the Start Setup option and then tap on the WPS button.
- Finally, tap OK.
- Go to the wireless router to press and hold the WPS button.
- Navigate to the control panel and press the OK button within 2 minutes.
- The wireless LAN setup using the WPS method is done successfully.
WIFI DIRECT SETUP:
You can print wirelessly from your PC, smartphone, tablet, or any network device using the Wi-Fi Direct method. Follow these steps to explore more about the Wi-Fi Direct setup.
- Go to the printer’s control panel and turn on the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Once the Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct icon will be displayed on the printer's display.
- To know the printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name and password, press the Information button.
- This action will print the information page, which has all the required details of the printer.
- As everyone wants to print from their smartphones, you need to take your smartphone for further proceedings.
- Install the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY application on your smartphone.
- Now, go to the phone’s Wi-Fi settings and connect to the printer’s wireless connection.
- Open the Canon application on your smartphone and start your printing journey.
CANON MG6821 AIRPRINT
Before going to the AirPrint setup, make sure that both your iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac) and Canon printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Open the paper tray and load some paper into your Canon Pixma MG6821 printer.
- Go to your Apple device and locate the document or image that you want to print.
- Click the Share icon.
- You will see that the Print option has been added.
- Choose your Canon Pixma MG6821 printer.
- Select the other print options and click the Print button.
- When you click the Print button, you will receive the printed document on your Canon Pixma MG6821 printer.