How To Perform Canon Pixma Tr4520 Wireless Setup?
Canon Pixma TR4520 is an entry-level wireless printer designed for light-duty family and home-based office use. It comes with strong features and prints exceptionally well, especially photos. The printer’s scanner lid can be slightly lifted to accommodate thicker items like magazines, small books, etc. Also, it holds an automatic document feeder (ADF) for scanning long, multi-page documents. However, you can’t perform automatic duplex scanning, so you need to manually flip pages over. The printer comes with a 1.9-inch screen along with a few buttons to cycle through the options and settings. Canon Pixma TR4520 runs on dual ink cartridges (Black and Tri-Color). Here, we will look at the Canon Pixma TR4520 wireless setup in detail.
Canon Pixma TR4520 has decent connectivity options.
- The printer supports wired and wireless connectivity options.
- They include Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, and wireless PictBridge options.
- It is pretty adaptable with Android and iOS smartphones. You can use the Mopria Print service (for Android users) and the Apple AirPrint service (for iOS users) to make the printing process more manageable. The printer has native support to its own Canon PRINT inkjet/SELPHY application.
Canon Pixma TR4520 Wi-Fi Setup
WIRELESS SETUP FOR MOBILE USERS:
Before going to the mobile setup process, follow the below-given steps on your printer.
- First, turn on the printer and tap on the Settings button.
- Next, utilize the left and right navigation buttons to look for the Device settings option.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Look for the LAN settings and tap OK.
- Make use of the navigation buttons to go to the Wireless Direct option and tap on the OK button.
- Confirm the Wireless Direct settings.
- The display will show the Done message.
- Use the navigation buttons to look for the Security protocol. Confirm the same by tapping on the OK button.
- Note down the printer’s Wi-Fi password.
Follow the below steps on your smartphone (Android or iOS).
- Open your smartphone and connect it to the Internet.
- Visit the Google Play Store or App Store to download the official Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY application. Install the same on your smartphone.
- Open the application, just read the Terms and Conditions, and choose Agree if you find the statements appropriate.
- Allow the necessary permissions (Storage, camera, location, etc.) for a successful pairing between the Canon Pixma TR4520 printer and mobile device.
- You will see this message in the following window: Do you want to search for an available printer? Click on Yes.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings page and connect to your Canon Pixma TR4520 network.
- Inside the Canon application, select your wireless router and enter the password.
- After this step, your Canon Pixma TR4520 will be connected to your Wi-Fi network, and you will be ready to print documents.
- You can select any photos or documents from the Gallery application or cloud service.
- Choose the printer settings, such as Paper size, Number of copies, Media Type, Border, etc.
- Once you have modified the appropriate settings, you can perform all the printer functions directly from your mobile device.
WIRELESS SETUP FOR COMPUTER USERS:
If you want to establish a wireless setup with your computer, then make use of the printer drivers. Follow the below setup guide to proceed further.
- Go to your web browser and visit the printer’s support page.
- In the search bar, enter your printer model and hit Go.
- In the next window, click DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS.
- Select your Operating System and Language from the respective drop-down menus.
- Under Recommended Driver(s), click on SELECT next to the required driver.
- Click the DOWNLOAD button in order to save the driver file on your PC. You can now proceed with the driver installation steps.
- Go through the License Agreement and click the Yes button. In the following window, click Next.
- Wait patiently for a few minutes so that the installation completes successfully.
- Now, connect the Canon Pixma TR4520 printer to your computer and continue your workflow.
Canon Pixma TR4520 AirPrint
AirPrint gives you the flexibility to print wirelessly from your iPhone, Mac, and other AirPrint-compatible Apple devices. Also, there is no necessity to download any printer driver or mobile application.
- Before setting up AirPrint, connect your Apple device and printer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open any random page or document that you want to print on the Apple device.
- Tap Select Printer and choose your Canon Pixma TR4520 printer.
- Now, you need to choose the other settings like the number of copies, page orientation, margin width, etc.
- Tap on the Print icon to receive the printed document from your Canon Pixma TR4520 printer.
- In case you change your mind, there is an option to cancel the print job by tapping on the Cancel Printing icon.
Canon TR4520 Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
RESTART YOUR PRINTER:
- Turn off the Canon printer and then unplug the connections.
- Again, plug the power cord directly into the power outlet.
- Make sure that the electric supply is working fine.
- Firmly press the printer’s Power button to turn on the device.
HAVE A LOOK AT THE WIRELESS SIGNAL STRENGTH:
- Checking the wireless signal strength is one of the best troubleshooting steps one needs to follow during a weak Wi-Fi connection.
- You can witness a drop in performance if you see fewer than two bars.
- Avoid physical barriers, such as doors, walls, or other interferences that can downgrade the overall signal strength.
- Also, interference from other gadgets, such as microwaves, cordless phones, and other Wi-Fi networks in your surroundings can cause a sudden drop in Wi-Fi signals.
- However, you can run a speed test to know the actual speed of your Wi-Fi network.
TRY A WIRED CONNECTION:
- As the last troubleshooting step, you can try a wired connection.
- Make sure that the cables are not damaged in any way. A damaged cable can cause network disruption.
So, these are some of the troubleshooting steps that will help solve the “Canon Pixma TR4520 not connecting to the Wi-Fi network” issue. If you still have doubts regarding the Canon Pixma Tr4520 Wireless Setup procedures on this page, do call us.