Fix: Canon Printer Deep Cleaning Not Working
Are you getting a poor print quality on your Canon printer? Print head cleaning might help you out from clogged nozzles. But sometimes, the Canon printer deep cleaning might not work as expected. In such cases, try to clean the print head remotely from your computer because there are chances of human error in the manual deep cleaning process. In some other cases, the print cartridges may not be installed properly. To troubleshoot the Canon Printer Deep Cleaning Not Working issue, follow these steps.
Checking the print cartridges:
- With the Canon printer turned on, open the front cover.
- Wait for the print head to stop moving.
- Take out the installed cartridges from the print head holder.
- Check if you have removed the protective seals from the cartridges. If not, remove them.
- Reinstall the cartridges into the print head holder.
- If necessary, replace the expended cartridges.
- After reinstalling the print cartridges, try to perform the print head deep cleaning process.
- If the print head deep cleaning is not working, try to execute it from your computer.
Steps to perform deep cleaning from a Windows computer:
- Before starting, ensure that your printer is turned on and is connected properly to your Windows computer.
- Open ontrol Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select Properties.
- In the printer properties dialog box that appears, click the Maintenance tab and select Deep Cleaning.
- Choose the ink group that needs to be cleaned.
- Click the Execute button and confirm your action by clicking OK.
- Now, the Power lamp starts flashing on your printer.
- Once the deep cleaning process is completed, check the print head condition by printing a nozzle check pattern.
Steps to perform Canon print head deep cleaning on a Mac computer:
- First, connect your printer and Mac via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Open the Canon IJ Printer Utility dialog box.
- Next, select your printer’s name from the drop-down menu.
- Click Deep Cleaning and choose the ink that needs to be cleaned.
- Click OK and wait until the deep cleaning process is completed.
In case the Canon printer deep cleaning is not working as expected, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving Canon Printer Deep Cleaning Not Working issue.