CANON SELPHY CP1300 TROUBLESHOOTING
Canon Selphy CP1300 is a wireless compact printer with the best-in-class features like a larger display, improved user interface, and wireless capabilities. The printer is designed to target people who want to print smartphone images in a much easier way. The printer has an SD card slot and a port for USB thumb drives for direct printing from memory devices. Though the cost per print is higher, this printer is more favorable among people. As it is a machine and errors can happen at any time, follow the below troubleshooting steps to sort out different issues on the printer.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 NOT TURNING ON
- Cross-check whether the printer is not in sleep mode.
- When the Canon printer is idle for a certain period, it will enter into sleep mode, which is common.
- Press any button on your Canon printer control panel to wake the printer from the sleep mode.
- Cross-check whether the power cord is firmly connected to the electrical supply.
- Also, make sure that the socket is working correctly.
- If possible, try a different power cord.
- Make all the necessary connections and turn on the printer.
Uncheck Printer offline:
- Go to the Control Panel window and then click View Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Printer icon and select See What’s Printing.
- Verify that there are no checkmarks next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline.
- After making all the required changes, try to print a photo.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 IS NOT PRINTING
- Make sure that the paper and ink cassettes are loaded properly.
- Cross-check if the paper is designed especially for Canon Selphy CP1300.
- Look if the ink sheet is not loose by any means.
- If possible, replace the ink cassette and refill the paper cassette.
- Confirm that you are using the exact combination of paper, paper cassette, and ink cassette for your Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- Look for the physical connections, as a damaged cable can cause several issues.
Run the system file checker on your Windows computer:
- Corrupted system files can also be another factor behind the printer not printing issue.
- Follow the below steps to run the System File Checker on your computer.
- Go to the Command Prompt window.
- Input DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Return.
- Type the command line sfc /Scannow and press the Enter key.
- The scan might take about half an hour to complete.
- Once the scan gets over, restart your computer.
- Now check whether the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer is responding as per your commands.
Check platform compatibility and connections:
- If your Canon Selphy CP1300 printer doesn’t print after upgrading the computer to a newer version, there are high chances of compatibility issues.
- So, you need to change the computer's Operating System or the printer itself.
- If you have connected the printer wirelessly, check if the Internet connection is working fine without any network drop.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 PAPER JAM
- If the paper jam has occurred, carefully remove the jammed paper.
- If you cannot take off the jammed paper, do not pull it forcefully as it can damage the paper compartment.
- Turn the printer off and turn it on.
- Repeat the same process until the paper is ejected.
- If you are still unable to remove the jammed paper, kindly contact our technicians for remote assistance.
Points to be kept in mind:
- Confirm that the ink sheet and paper are free from dirt or dust.
- Ensure that the printer’s interior part is free of dust.
- Make sure that the paper size is the same as the paper cassette.
- Confirm that there are less than 19 sheets in the paper cassette.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE
- Cross-verify that the printer is not in the Energy Saver mode or a busy state.
- If yes, then turn off the power-saving modes.
- Check whether the print spooler is not corrupted, as these print spoolers are used to communicate with the printer server.
- You can solve the print spooler issue through the control panel window or command prompt.
- One of the reasons could be corrupted or outdated printer drivers.
Download the printer drivers:
- Open your default web browser and land on the printer’s support page.
- Click on Drivers and Downloads.
- Scroll down the page, select the OS version and click on Drivers.
- You will be prompted to download the complete software package, download the same on your PC.
- Once the driver download is over, carry on with the driver installation steps.
- Go to your PC's Downloads folder and double-click on the printer driver Setup File to start the installation process.
- In the setup wizard, click Start Setup.
- Read the End-User Licence Agreement and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the driver installation process.
Update the printer drivers:
Missing driver update can lead to driver unavailability issue. Follow the below steps on your PC.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the text - devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
- Expand the Printer section.
- Locate and right-click on your Canon printer for driver update.
- Select Search automatically for driver.
- Once the updates are installed successfully, restart your PC.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
- Make sure that the printer is away from sources of electromagnetic waves and strong magnetic environments.
- Confirm that the entered password is correct, and try connecting it once again.
- Ensure that the access point channel is between 1 - 11.
- For the WEP networks without DHCP, manually set the IP address.
- As the final step, check the access point settings to confirm that communication between the network devices is fully functional.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 AIRPRINT NOT WORKING
AirPrint is an excellent technology that lets you print from an iOS device or Mac to a printer. Follow the below steps to solve the AirPrint issue.
- Move the router closer to the printer.
- Check for interference.
- Ensure that your Apple device is not in AirPlane mode.
- Check whether your printer and Apple device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check whether the iPhone and printer are running on the latest software version.
- As a part of the troubleshooting, turn both the devices off, wait for a few seconds, and then turn them on again.
- Try switching your iOS device's Wi-Fi bandwidth (2.4 GHz to 5 GHz).
- As the last step, you can restart your router.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 CLEAN PRINT HEAD
- Gently remove the ink cassette.
- Lift the ink cassette lever.
- Inject the cleaner stick all way in.
- Slide it in and out about two or three times.
Perform deep cleaning:
- Connect your Canon printer to a reliable power supply.
- Press the Menu button.
- Use the printer’s navigation buttons to go to the Setup menu.
- Go inside the Maintenance window.
- Select the Deep cleaning option.
- Perform deep cleaning about two to three times.
- Now check whether you can print documents properly.
CANON SELPHY NOT RECOGNIZING IMAGES
- Check whether the external memory card is fully inserted into its slot with the label facing upwards.
- Confirm that the USB flash drive is fully functional and inserted properly.
- Cross verify that the image format is supported by your Canon Selphy CP1300 printer.
- Check that a memory card requiring the adapter has not been forcefully inserted without its adapter.
- Finally, check the formats supported for USB flash drives.
Perform a simple reset:
- Turn off your printer.
- Remove the cables from the printer and plug them in again.
- Firmly press and hold the printer’s Power button for about 30 seconds.
- Check whether this simple reset process can solve the Canon Selphy not recognizing images problem.
Turn off Windows defender firewall:
- There is a slight chance that the Windows defender firewall can block network printer ports and communication.
- Therefore, turning off Windows Defender Firewall is a good option to troubleshoot the printer not recognizing images issue.
- Apart from this, if you have installed any third-party antivirus software on your computer, temporarily disable the firewall setting before performing the printing operations.
- Also, run a complete system scan to check whether the computer is free from malware or viruses.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 CANNOT READ DATA
- Confirm that you have installed the correct printer drivers on your PC.
- In the past, if you have installed the drivers and haven’t updated for a long time, then updating the printer drivers could be the best choice.
- Remove any inserted memory cards or USB flash drives from your Canon printer.
- When you are on a wireless network, verify that the printer and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- When performing printing operations via a USB cable, confirm that your Canon printer is directly connected to your PC.
- The printer may find it difficult to read the data when connected via a USB hub.
Run the Printer troubleshooter:
- Running the built-in printer troubleshooter on Windows can sort out many printer problems.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Select and run the printer troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will identify and sort out your printer issues.
Remove and re-add the printer:
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Open the Control Panel window and go to Devices and Printers.
- Locate your Canon selphy CP1300 printer.
- Right-click on your printer icon and click Remove Device.
- Re-add the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
CANON SELPHY CP1300 RESET
- If you can compromise with the changes you have made earlier, resetting the Canon Selphy CP1300 printer will be a good troubleshooting option.
- This resetting process might fix a number of printer issues.
- The resetting process is pretty much straightforward. On your printer control panel, go to the Settings section and then reset your printer.
So, we have gone through each and every issue and tried our best to provide the appropriate troubleshooting techniques. For more explanation and queries, call our technicians.