Connect Amazon Echo Dot To Iphone
Amazon Echo Dot is a smart speaker powered by the Alexa assistant. You can connect the Echo speaker to your device either through the Alexa app or Bluetooth feature. Keep reading to know how to connect Amazon Echo Dot to iPhone.
1. Via Bluetooth
- Disconnect all the other Bluetooth devices connected to the iPhone.
- If the Bluetooth feature is disabled on the device, enable it.
- Navigate to the Settings app. Tap General, select the Bluetooth menu, and tap the toggle button to turn it on.
- After the Bluetooth is enabled, the device is ready to connect to the Amazon Echo device.
- Turn on the Amazon Echo Dot device and wait until the device name appears in the Bluetooth devices list on your iPhone.
- Select the device name on the iPhone and tap Connect to pair up for Bluetooth connection.
- If the device cannot connect to the Echo Dot speaker, turn off the Bluetooth and re-enable it.
- Scan for the Bluetooth devices and retry to connect.
2. Using the Alexa app
- Turn on the data connection on the mobile or connect the iPhone to the Wi-Fi router network.
- Open the App Store and download the Alexa app.
- Connect the Amazon speaker to an electrical outlet and power it up.
- Launch the Alexa app on the iPhone and select the Devices icon at the lower right corner.
- Select the ‘plus’ symbol at the upper-right corner to add a new device.
- When the device name shows up, select it.
- Next, open the Wi-Fi settings menu on the settings app and connect it to Amazon Echo Dot.
- Open the app, tap Continue and set up the app’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Now we have seen how to connect Amazon Echo Dot to iPhone.