Enable Eset Plugin
The ESET Microsoft Outlook protection plug-in helps you to detect spam and other harmful threats before they invade your e-mail account. As soon as you install this protection plug-in module, it is automatically added to the Microsoft Outlook application installed on your computer. However, it might be disabled due to some technical issues or some misconfigured settings of your computer. This article explains how to enable the ESET plug-in in Microsoft Outlook.The procedure to enable ESET plug-in might vary based on the Microsoft Outlook application version that you’re using. In the below section, you can find the procedure for Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2016.
For Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Open the Microsoft Outlook 2003 application on your computer.
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Click on the Other tab followed by the Advanced settings option.
- Choose Add-Ins Manager > ESET Outlook add-in.
- Click on the OK button.
For Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Go to the Tools menu of the Microsoft Outlook 2007 application.
- Select the TrustCenter option.
- Click on the Add-ins option.
- Choose the Exchange Client Extension option from the Manage drop-down menu.
- Click Go and select the ESET Outlook Add-in option.
For Outlook 2010/Outlook 2016
- Click the File menu on the main screen of Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2016.
- Select Options followed by Add-ins.
- From the available add-ins list, locate and select the ESET Outlook Add-in option.
- Click on the GO button.
- Make sure that the ESET Outlook Add-in option is selected.
- Click the OK button.
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled the ESET plug-in.
Sometimes, you might see the following error:
- “The Add-in 'ESET Outlook Plugin' (C:\PROGRA~1\ESET\ESETNO~1\EPLGOU~1.DLL) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.”
- In this case, you can disable the plug-in. Just deselect the ESET Outlook Add-in option to disable it.
To know more about how to enable the ESET plug-in, click the Call us button to contact us.