Epson Fx-890 Ribbon Setup
Before you begin the Epson FX-890 ribbon setup, ensure the following:
- The printer is not turned on.
- The power cable of your printer is unplugged from the wall outlet.
- The ribbon cartridge is ready for the setup.
Setting up the ribbon cartridge on your Epson FX-890 printer
- Open and remove the top cover of your printer.
- Now, gently take the paper tension unit from your printer.
- Move the print head of your printer to the middle using your hands. (Note: If you find the print head is hot, wait for it to cool down and then move it to the middle of the printer.)
- Now, unpack the ribbon cartridge. Remove the protective layer from the cartridge.
- Slowly install the cartridge into the printer.
- Adjust the knob correctly.
- Replace the paper tension unit followed by the paper cover into the printer.
- Now, print a test page to check the quality of the ribbon cartridge.
EPSON FX-890 PAPER LOADING
Loading paper with the front push tractor
- Make sure that your Epson FX-890 printer is turned off.
- Now, remove the front cover from your printer.
- Get a stack of plain paper with clean, straight edges.
- Open the sprockets and place the paper with the print side facing up.
- Make sure that the paper is loaded properly.
- Close the sprocket covers.
- Insert the front cover back into the printer.
- Now, turn on your printer, and print a test page.
Loading single sheets with the paper guide
- Make sure that the paper guide of your printer is placed correctly.
- Now, move the edge guides to the ends.
- Turn on your Epson printer if it is turned off.
- Now, get a sheet of paper and insert it in the tray.
- Make sure the paper is loaded with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the guides properly.
After loading the paper, when you initiate the print operation, the printer will automatically load the paper for printing.
EPSON FX-890 DRIVER
The Epson FX-890 printer is compatible only with the Windows OS. Based on your Windows OS types, the printer driver availability may vary.
- Generic 9-Pin Printer Driver v1.0bEs
- Printer Driver v5.00
- Status Monitor 3 v4.00
EPSON FX-890 DRIVER UPDATE
You can update your Epson FX-890 printer driver in two different ways:
- Using Device Manager (Window)
- Reinstalling the printer driver
Using Device Manager
- On the Device Manager screen of your computer, select and right-click on your Epson printer.
- Click Update Driver or Update driver software. Update the printer software by following the rest of the instructions.
Reinstalling the printer driver
Uninstall the existing printer driver on your computer. After doing it, download the latest version of the printer driver from the printer’s support page and install it on your computer.
- On the Programs and Features screen of your computer, select your Epson printer.
- Click Uninstall > Yes.
- Once the driver is uninstalled, restart your computer.
- After your computer restarts, download the latest version of the printer driver and install it.
EPSON FX-890 NETWORK SETUP
Before you set up your Epson printer on a network, make sure that you have connected it to your computer. If you haven’t connected and installed the printer driver on your computer, follow the instructions below.
- Turn off your printer and computer.
- Connect your printer to the computer and turn on the devices.
- Now, run the printer software on your computer.
- Install the software by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
After installing the printer software successfully, make the settings to share the printer on your network. The steps are as follows.
- On the Control Panel screen of your computer, locate and double-click on the Network icon.
- Go to the Configuration menu.
- Select File and Print Sharing > I want to be able to allow others to print to my printer and click OK.
- Finish the sharing process by following the on-screen instructions.
EPSON FX-890 TEST PRINT
Using the “self-test print” feature
- Turn off your Epson FX-890 printer.
- If you’re using the Draft font for printing a test page, then locate the LF/FF button on your printer’s control panel and press/ hold them while turning on the printer. As soon as your printer turns on, the self-test print is initiated automatically.
- Ensure that your printer's paper tray has enough paper to perform the self-test print.
- Similarly, for the letter-quality fonts, press and hold the Load/Eject button while turning on the printer.
EPSON FX-890 TROUBLESHOOTING
Scroll down this page to know how to resolve the Epson FX-890 printer not printing and paper feed problems. Click the Call Us or Call button to get advanced technical support in resolving these issues.
EPSON FX-890 NOT PRINTING
If your Epson FX-890 printer is not responding to the print operation, try the quick and simple troubleshooting instructions given below.
- As the first step of troubleshooting, check whether your Epson printer is turned on.
- Next, check if the interface or USB cable is connected securely at the ends. If not, unplug and connect the cable securely.
- Check whether the paper is loaded properly. If not, reload the paper in the tray.
- If any paper is jammed inside the printer, remove it and resume the print operation.
- Restart your Epson printer.
EPSON FX-890 PAPER FEED PROBLEM
- Restart your Epson printer.
- If the restart process doesn’t resolve the issue, turn off the printer and follow the instructions below.
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Remove all the paper from the tray.
- Fan and load the paper back into the tray.
- Make sure that you’re using the paper type that is recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- Similarly, make sure that the paper is not overloaded in the tray.
- After loading the paper, adjust the width guides properly.
- Now, turn on the printer and print a test page.
- If the Epson FX-890 printer prints the test page, the paper-feed problem is resolved.