How To Perform Epson LX 350 Setup?
Epson LX-350 is a dot matrix printer that is famous among people. Due to its compact design, it is a perfect fit for the front and back-office environments. The printer has quick and strong EPSON 9 pin innovation, which is capable of printing up to 347 cps. Installing the Epson LX-350 printer on your computer is a simple process that can be done by yourself with proper guidance. Do check out the whole article to know more about the Epson LX 350 Setup.
What’s inside the box:
- Driver and utilities (CD)
- Main unit
- Power cable
- Epson LX 350 Setup guide
- Warranty document
First, make sure that you have unpacked the printer and removed the protective materials from it.
EPSON LX 350 RIBBON CARTRIDGE INSTALLATION
- First, turn off the printer.
- Open the printer cover to the upwards position.
- Pull it up to remove it.
- Remove the new ribbon cartridge from the package.
- Turn the ribbon tightening knob in the direction of the arrow in order to remove any slack from the ribbon.
- Insert the ribbon cartridge into its slot.
- Firmly press both sides of the cartridge to fit the plastic hooks into the printer slots.
- Use any pointed or sharp object to guide the ribbon between the print head and the ribbon guide.
EPSON LX 350 LOAD PAPER
- First, turn off the printer.
- Ensure that the paper release lever is pushed back to the single-sheet position.
- The paper guide should be in the upright position.
- Now, slide the left edge guide to the 0 position.
- Adjust the right edge guide in a way to match the width of your paper.
- Insert a sheet of paper between the edges.
EPSON LX 350 PRINTER PAPER SIZE
Paper / Media Handling:
Document Feed: Single sheet rear, Continuous paper rear, Paper output rear.
- Sheet Paper (single and multi-layer).
- Continuous Paper (single and multi-layer).
- Labels (single and multi-layer).
- Roll Paper.
EPSON LX 350 DRIVER SETUP
Epson LX-350 drivers are supported by the following Operating Systems.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Mac OS X
With all that said, let us now see the driver download and installation steps in this section.
Printer driver download from the official website:
- Open your default web browser.
- Visit the official printer driver download page.
- Enter the printer's model number (Epson LX-350) and hit Search.
- Click on your printer’s name to open the driver download page.
- Slowly scroll down the webpage and click on the Downloads section.
- Choose your computer’s Operating System from the drop-down menu and hit Go.
- Click the Drivers option (+ icon).
Note: You can either choose the combined driver package or separate drivers (according to your requirements).
- Click the Download button to initiate the driver download process.
Move on to the below section to know more about the driver installation steps.
Printer driver installation steps:
- First, locate the downloaded Epson LX 350 Setup file on your computer.
- Double-click on the setup file to initiate the installation process.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the desired language of your choice and click OK.
- Go through the License Agreement carefully and click Agree to proceed further.
- Ensure that the Epson printer is turned on and connected to your computer via a USB cable (when you are prompted during the installation).
- On successful installation, you can see a small dialog box showing Printer driver installation and port configuration were completed successfully.
- If you find difficulty in establishing the connection, tap on the Help button to know more about the connection initialization.
Once you have successfully installed the printer drivers on your computer, you can perform all the printer operations directly from your computer with ease.
EPSON LX 350 CHANGING PRINTER SETTINGS
You can change the print quality of printouts through the settings in the printer driver. With the printer drivers, you can make the print settings by choosing from a list of predefined settings.
Choosing the print quality - Automatic settings
You can change the quality of the printout to favor speed or detail. There are two levels of print output - 300 dpi and 600 dpi. 600 dpi provides high quality but requires more memory and slow printing speed.
- Open the Print dialog box.
- Select Printer Settings from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Basic settings tab.
- Choose Automatic under the Print Quality field.
- Choose the resolution (Fast or Fine) from the Resolution drop-down list.
- Once you have modified the settings appropriately, click on Print.
Choosing the print quality - Predefined settings
- Open the Print dialog box.
- From the drop-down list, select the Printer Settings option.
- Select the Basic settings tab.
- In the Print Quality field, choose the Advanced option.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Automatic (Standard).
- Select the most appropriate setting from the list according to your choice.
EPSON LX 350 FACTORY RESET
If your Epson printer is showing up warning signs and if you feel that resetting the printer can solve the issue, then go ahead with the factory reset process. Remember that the reset process will erase all the settings that you have made right from the date of purchase.
- Firmly press the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Use any pointed object or a pin to press and hold the Reset button at the back of the printer.
- Turn on the printer but make sure that the Reset button is pressed (5 seconds).
- Release the Reset button after a warning page is printed.
- After some time, another page with the default IP Address will be printed.
- Use this IP address to reconfigure the printer on the computer system.
EPSON LX 350 TROUBLESHOOTING
When any one of the software or hardware parts fails to perform, then it becomes frustrating for the end-user to proceed with the printer operations. Performing the troubleshooting steps by yourself will improve your troubleshooting skills and eventually help in gaining experience in solving printer problems. Make use of the below troubleshooting methods to solve the various printer issues. Furthermore, if you need any help in troubleshooting the printer issue, call our technicians, who are available 24/7 to help you out of the situation.
HOW TO FIX EPSON LX 310 NOT PRINTING?
Uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
- Turn on your computer and then log in to the Admin account.
- Open the Run dialog box and type Control Panel.
- Set view by as Large icons.
- Click on Devices and Printers to view the list of printers on your network.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select See what’s printing.
- Click on the Printer tab.
- If you find any checkmark next to Use Printer Offline, uncheck it immediately.
- Restart your printer and see whether it comes back online.
Set your printer as the default one
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Epson LX-350 printer.
- Click on Set as default printer from the drop-down menu.
Follow the below simple steps to cancel the pending documents.
- Right-click on the printer icon > See what’s printing > Cancel All Documents.
- Also, check whether your Epson printer has got any paper jam issue.
- If yes, then do read the following section.
- We have explained in detail to remove the paper jam.
Run the printer troubleshooter:
- First, turn on your computer.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings page.
- Open the Troubleshoot tab.
- Locate your Epson LX-350 printer and click on it.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Go through the on-screen instructions and apply any recommended fix.
EPSON LX 350 PAPER JAM
Follow the below steps to clear the paper jam on your Epson LX-350 printer.
- Turn off the printer.
- Gently remove the paper that has been stuck on the paper guide.
- Open the printer cover.
- If you are loading continuous paper, remove the paper guide.
- If you witness that the continuous paper is jammed, then tear off the fresh supply at the perforation.
- Rotate the knob on the right side of the machine to eject the jammed paper.
- Make sure that you remove any remaining pieces of paper.
- If needed, replace the paper guides and close the printer cover.
- Turn on the printer.
- Ensure that the paper is out and the paper lights are off.
We have tried our level best to provide the steps that will be useful in setting up the Epson LX-350 printer. If you have any queries regarding the Epson LX 350 Setup, call our technicians.