Why My Eset Antivirus Won't Uninstall?
Having an antivirus software installed on a computer always ensures the security of the device. In the case of the recent Windows computers, they have the Windows Defender firewall built-in for the security. But still, people go for third-party antivirus software that are really worthy. One such antivirus software preferred and installed on most of the computers is the ESET antivirus software. But there are times when the ESET antivirus software comes as interference for certain applications and stops those applications from functioning. This makes the users uninstall ESET from their device. You might be one among them, but not exactly. You could have decided to uninstall ESET for some other reason as well. If the Eset antivirus won't uninstall, then follow the proper steps to uninstall the ESET antivirus software from your Windows computer. There are a couple of methods to uninstall and delete the ESET antivirus software.
Method 1: Using The Windows Uninstaller
- Click the Start option and select the All Programs option.
- You will now see all the applications that are installed on your computer.
- Locate and right-click on the ESET antivirus software. Then click the Uninstall option from the list.
- Restart the Windows computer.
- When the computer restarts, you now have to delete the hidden files and folders.
- Open the My Computer option and navigate to the C:\ drive.
- Delete the ESET folders from the following directories:
- C:\Program Files\ESET
- C:\Documents and Settings\ Users\Application Data\ESET
- C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET. Finally, your Eset antivirus won't uninstall issue is resolved.
Method 2: Using The Removal Tool
The easiest way to uninstall the ESET antivirus software is by using the ESET removal tool.
- Open the default browser on your Windows computer.
- Type the official ESET website URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Locate and download the Eset removal tool for your Windows computer.
- Run the installation for the removal tool and remove the ESET antivirus software.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, restart the Windows computer.
- The ESET antivirus will be uninstalled completely from your computer. Finally the Eset antivirus won't uninstall problem is permenanently resolved.