How to fix Eset Nod32 Error Code Ecp.20002?
ESET NOD32 is a software that protects your device from unknown threats such as malware, spyware, Trojans, and ransomware. At times, you may face issues with the ESET software. The ESET NOD32 error code ECP.20002 is a common error that occurs when the activation server fails to activate your product. This error also occurs when the Internet connection fails or when a third-party security software is active on your computer. To fix this error code, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
Method 1: Removing the third-party security software
- On your Windows computer, go to the Control Panel and select Add/Remove programs.
- In the Add/Remove programs window, select the security software installed on your computer.
- Click the Uninstall/Remove button to remove it from your device.
- Once you have successfully removed the software, click the Start menu and type ‘cmd’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, give a right-click on the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- Once the Command Prompt app is launched, type ‘netsh winsock reset’ and press the Enter key.
- Restart your Windows computer and delete the security software files from the File Manager.
- Relaunch the antivirus and check if the Eset Nod32 Error Code Ecp.20002 reappears.
Method 2: Changing the DNS server settings on your Windows computer
- First, connect your computer to the local wireless network.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and click the Network and Internet tab.
- Select the Network and Sharing Center option and click on Change adapter settings.
- If you have connected your computer to the Wi-Fi router using an Ethernet cable, give a right-click on the Ethernet interface and select the Properties option.
- Otherwise, give a right-click on the Wi-Fi interface and select Properties if you have connected wirelessly.
- In the Properties window, click the Networking tab and select the Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option.
- Click the Properties button and select Advanced.
- Click the DNS tab and remove the DNS server IP address listed in the window.
- Click OK and select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Note down the IP address mentioned in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server field.
- Replace the IP address with the Google DNS server.
- If you have already selected the 188.8.131.52 IP address in the IPv4 field, replace it with the 184.108.40.206 IP address.
- Restart your network connection and relaunch the ESET NOD32 antivirus to check if the Eset Nod32 Error Code Ecp.20002 has been cleared.