Fix Brother Printer Installation Error
Brother printer installation errors are frustrating, but fortunately, there are a few things that you can do to try and fix the issue. In this article, we'll go over some of the troubleshooting steps to Fix Brother Printer Installation Error Problems.
If you want remote assistance from our technical experts, do not hesitate to hit the Call button.
Check the printer connection
In most cases, the printer installation error occurs when your computer is struggling to connect with your printer. Therefore, fixing the connection might help you get rid of this issue.
- If you have selected the USB connection option as your connection type in the driver installation wizard, make sure that you connect the devices (printer and computer) using a standard USB cable. The cable should be firmly inserted at both end ports.
- In case you have selected the wireless network connection option as your connection type, check the wireless signal strength and make sure that you have connected the printer to the same wireless network to which your computer is connected.
- To troubleshoot the network connection issue, you can make use of the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool.
- Establish a proper connection between your devices and fix the Brother printer installation error.
Check The Downloaded Driver
Sometimes, you might have downloaded an incompatible driver. But it is necessary to download a driver that suits the OS version running on your Windows computer. Brother recommends you remove any previously installed Brother printer driver from your computer to avoid installation errors. This section explains how to remove the preinstalled driver, if any, and download a compatible one from the official Brother site.
- First, go to Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate and right-click your printer icon from the available list.
- Select the Remove driver or Uninstall driver option from the pop-up menu.
- If prompted, confirm your action to remove the driver from your computer.
- Next, restart your Windows computer and check if the remnant files are removed.
- Start by launching the browser app.
Follow these steps to download a compatible driver for your Brother printer on your Windows computer.
- Go to the official Brother site.
- Next, click the Support tab at the top of the page to select the Software & Driver Downloads option.
- Input your printer model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search results and click the Downloads link to go to the Downloads page.
- Pick your Windows OS version from the available menu and click OK.
- Choose the required driver from the available list and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Now, the driver will be downloaded. Run the driver installation wizard and complete the installation.
You have now seen how to fix Brother Printer Installation Error Problems. For further information and help, reach our technical experts through the call option on this page. We ensure a quick response.