Fix Wd Discovery Software Installation Stuck At 18%
When you install the WD Discovery software on your computer, sometimes, it will get stuck at 18%. This issue probably occurs due to an unstable network connection or an antivirus on your device. These block the installation of WD Discovery. By following the procedures provided on this page, you can fix this issue and install the WD Discovery software successfully on your computer.
CHECK THE NETWORK CONNECTION
- First, you need to check if your computer is connected to a stable internet connection.
- If the internet speed is low, try to connect your device to a high-speed network connection.
- Now, try to install the WD Discovery software on your computer.
- If the issue continues, move on to the next troubleshooting method.
RESTART YOUR COMPUTER
Try restarting your computer by executing these instructions:
- Select the Start menu at the bottom-left corner of your computer's main screen.
- Click the Power option at the bottom.
- Choose the Restart option from the menu.
- Now, wait for some time until your computer turns on.
- Next, check whether you can properly install the WD Discovery software on your computer.
- If you are still stuck at 18% while installing the WD Discovery software, follow the below steps.
DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER
- Click the Start menu on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open the Settings window.
- Select the Update & Security option from the list of settings.
- In the next window, click on the Windows Security option from the left menu pane on the screen.
- Now, select the Virus & threat protection option from the list.
- Choose the Manage settings option below the Virus & threat protection section.
- Click on the toggle button below the Real-time protection section to turn off Windows Defender on your computer.
- If it doesn’t work, follow the next method.
UNINSTALL & REINSTALL WD DISCOVERY
Before reinstalling the WD Discovery software, you need to delete the installed software from your computer completely. To do so, follow the below instructions.
UNINSTALLING THE WD DISCOVERY SOFTWARE
- Select the Start menu on your computer and type Control Panel in the search box at the bottom of the window.
- Choose the Control Panel option from the search result.
- Next, click on the Programs option from the list.
- Here, select the Programs and Features option.
- Navigate to the WD Discovery software from the list and right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall/Change option.
- Again, click the Uninstall button in the confirmation dialog box.
- After uninstalling the WD Discovery software, reinstall it on your computer by following the instructions given below.
REINSTALLING THE WD DISCOVERY SOFTWARE
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Go to the official WD Discovery Download website and download the software.
- On completing the download, extract the installer from the zip file.
- Now, right-click on the installer and start the installation process.
- Click the Install Now button in the Welcome window.
- Perform the on-screen prompts and check if you can complete the installation. By now, you should be able to finish the WD Discovery installation successfully.
You can solve the “WD Discovery software installation stuck at 18%” issue on your computer by following the above instructions.