Fix Windows Live Mail Error 0x800c013e
Windows Live Mail is a popular email application that allows users to set up their email accounts. Using Windows Live Mail, you can easily manage emails, and the user can send and receive messages conveniently. But sometimes, Windows Live Mail will stop working and show the error code “0x800c013e” on your computer. This issue will probably occur when the email client fails or crashes during runtime on your computer. By performing the procedures given below, you can solve this issue on How To Fix Fix Windows Live Mail Error 0x800c013e
CHECK THE WINDOWS FIREWALL SETTINGS
- Click the Start menu on your computer and open the Control Panel window.
- Select the System and Security option from the list.
- Next, click on the Windows Firewall option.
- Here, select the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- In the Allowed apps and features window, select the Private and Public checkbox for the following items:
- Windows Live Communications Platform
- Windows Live Communications Platform (SSDP)
- Windows Live Communications Platform (UPnP)
- Windows Live Messenger
- Once done, click OK to save all the changes and restart your computer.
- Check if Windows Live Mail is showing the error code “0x800c013e” again.
- If the issue continues, run Windows Live Mail in compatibility mode on your computer by following the below steps.
RUN WINDOWS LIVE MAIL IN COMPATIBILITY MODE
- First, search for the following location on your computer:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail (or) C:\Program FilesWindows Live Mail
- Navigate to the wlmail.exe file under the Processes tab and right-click on it.
- Choose the Properties option from the drop-down list.
- Select the Compatibility tab at the top of the Properties window.
- Make a tick mark in the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” checkbox and select the Windows 7 option from the drop-down list.
- Now, click the Apply button at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Click the OK button.
- Next, close all the programs and restart your computer.
- Check if Windows Live Mail is properly working after your computer turns on.
- If the issue continues, repair Windows Essentials by performing the below instructions.
REPAIR WINDOWS ESSENTIALS
- Click the Start menu on your computer’s main screen and type Control Panel into the search bar at the bottom of the window.
- Now, select the Control Panel option from the search results.
- Below the Programs category, click the Uninstall a program option in the Control Panel window.
- Navigate to the Windows Essentials option from the list and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall/Change option from the drop-down list.
- In the next window, select the Repair all Windows Essentials programs option from the list.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows Essentials repairing process.
- Once completed, close all the applications and restart your computer.
- Next, check whether Windows Live Mail is working properly and the error 0x800c013e is fixed.
- If it does not work, reconfigure your account by following the below instructions.
RECREATE YOUR WINDOWS LIVE MAIL ACCOUNT
- First, open the Windows Live Mail application on your computer.
- Next, click on the Account icon in the top-right corner of the window.
- Select the Sign out of Windows Live Mail option from the drop-down list.
- After completing this process, close the Windows Live Mail window.
- Now, restart your computer and wait for some time.
- Once your computer turns on, go to the Windows Live Mail application and log in with a new email account.
- Check if the issue is solved. By now, the error should be fixed.
You can fix Windows Live Mail error 0x800c013e on your computer by following the above troubleshooting methods.