GOOGLE CHROME NOT PRINTING HP
Google Chrome is one of the most widely used web browsers around the world. It offers some cool features that you can’t find in other browsers. Like Mozilla and other browsers, Chrome also supports the print function.
You can print a document or PDF file directly from the Chrome browser to the connected printer. However, some users (whoever updated the browser recently) have reported that they can’t print a page or file using Google Chrome to the HP printer.
If you’re also facing the “Google Chrome not printing to HP” problem, scroll down this page to know how to fix it.
Before you begin the troubleshooting process, check to ensure that your HP printer is turned on and connected to the computer (on which you’re using the Chrome browser). Also, make sure that your printer settings are configured correctly on the computer.
Resolving “can’t print using Google Chrome to HP”
Method 1: Relaunch the Google Chrome browser and restart the printer
- Click the Close icon in the top right corner of the Chrome browser.
- If a dialog box prompting you to confirm the action opens, click the Yes button on it.
- Now, launch the Chrome browser by double-clicking on its icon in the Desktop or taskbar.
- Similarly, restart your HP printer.
- After restarting the printer and browser, try to print a page.
- If you’re unable to print the page using Google Chrome to HP again, try the next method given below.
Method 2: Removing the extra printers
If you’ve added two or more printers on Google Print, remove the printer(s) you don’t use for printing, and then try to print a page or document.
- Open the Settings screen on Chrome.
- Locate and click on the Advanced option.
- Navigate to the Printing section.
- Select the Google Cloud Print option followed by Manage Cloud Print.
- Locate the connected printer that you want to remove and click the Manage button beside it.
- Select Delete > Yes.
- If prompted, restart the Chrome browser and then print a page.
If you’re unable to print the page using Google Chrome to HP again, reinstall the browser on your computer.
Method 3: Reinstalling the Chrome browser
*Note: The following instructions are suitable only for Windows OS-based computers.
- Initially, clear the browser history. To do so, open the Settings menu of the browser. Select the More Tools option followed by Clear browsing data. Clear all the cached images & files, browsing history, cookies and other site data and close the browser.
- Next, open the Programs and Features screen.
- Select Google Chrome > Uninstall > YES.
- Now, restart your Windows computer.
- After your computer restarts, download and install the latest version of Chrome on it.
If Google Chrome is not printing to HP even after performing the above method, contact our technical experts by clicking the Call button provided on this page.