How Do I Set Up Alexa On My Computer?
Alexa is getting smarter every passing day. Amazon has made all the right moves and has made Alexa universal across all platforms. You can use the Alexa voice-controlled device in your car, home, smartphone, and now even on your computer. In the Echo dot line of speakers, Alexa has ticked all the boxes in the list. There are different Alexa devices. There is an orb-shaped Echo that sports an external speaker, a high-end Echo studio for acoustic use, and now there is an entire line of touchscreen devices. The Alexa-controlled devices might differ in size and shape, but the setup is identical.In this guide, we shall discuss the steps for setting up Alexa on your computer. The steps are quite simple. Keep your computer and Alexa ready before proceeding.On recent computers from Acer, Asus, HP, and Lenovo, there is a built-in Alexa app. For the Windows computers without the Alexa app, you can download it from the Microsoft Store. Let us see how to Set Up Alexa On My Computer.
Step 1: Download The Alexa App And Sign In
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for the Alexa app.
- Click the Get button and complete the app installation.
- Open the Alexa app on your computer.
- Click the Set Up Amazon Alexa button.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, select the Continue button.
- Make changes according to your requirement and click Finish Setup.
- In the Sign-In window, enter the Amazon login credentials.
- Click the Sign-In button.
Step 2: Pair Echo Device To Alexa App
- Log in to your Alexa account from Amazon’s Alexa website.
- Select the Settings option in the left pane of the website.
- Select your Echo dot device from the list.
- Choose the Bluetooth option under Device Type.
- Click the Pair a New Device button.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your computer and enable the Bluetooth option (Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices).
- Select your Alexa device and select Done.
Follow the two steps as mentioned and you can easily set up Alexa on your computer. Now we have seen how to Set Up Alexa On My Computer.