How To Auto Back Up Data To Wd My Cloud
WD My Cloud is an easy-to-use personal cloud storage device. It is a simple centralized solution to back up all your data. You can directly connect the WD My Cloud device to your computer to transfer the files. Using this device, you can automatically store your photos, files, and documents in one place. If you want to auto back up data to your WD My Cloud, perform the below instructions carefully.
AUTO BACK UP SPECIFIC FILES TO WD MY CLOUD
In case you want to back up only specific files from your Windows 10 computer to the WD My Cloud device, follow the below steps. Before you proceed with the actual steps, ensure that you have connected your WD My Cloud to your computer.
- Select the Start menu on your computer’s main screen.
- Now, open the Settings window and select the Update & Security option.
- Choose the Backup option from the left menu panel of the window.
- Here, click the Add a drive option below the Back up using file history section.
- Select the Show all network locations option at the bottom of the left panel.
- Now, choose the network path of WD My Cloud.
- Below the Back up using file history section, you will see the “Automatically back up my file” option and a toggle key that automatically turns on.
- Next, click More options under the toggle key.
- The Backup options window will display on the screen.
- Here, click on the drop-down box below the Back up my file option and choose the option you want to use.
- Under the Keep my backups option, click on the drop-down box and select the option you want to use.
- Now, click Add a folder below the Back up these folders option to back up any other folders from your computer.
- Once you’re done with all of the settings, click on the Back up now button at the top of the window.
AUTO BACK UP YOUR PC TO WD MY CLOUD
- Make sure to connect the WD My Cloud device to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, open the File Explorer window on your computer.
- Select the Network category from the left menu panel of the window.
- You will see your WD My Cloud device under the Computer section. But you won’t be able to connect to it.
- To connect to it, open the default browser on your computer and visit the official support page of your WD My Cloud device.
- Here, create an account for your device.
- Enter your credentials into the respective fields and click the CREATE ACCOUNT button.
- Now, you will get a verification number at your email address.
- Input the verification number into the respective field under the My Cloud Home option.
- Click on the CONNECT button.
- In the Product Improvement window, click the Do Not Share option.
- Click the YES, DO NOT SHARE button in the confirmation pop-up window.
- You will see the All Done message on the screen.
- Now, download and install the desktop app on your computer.
- Once the WD My Cloud device is connected to your computer, open the File Explorer window.
- Here, you will see your device under the Network locations section.
- Next, right-click on the folder you want to back up and select the Sync to WD My Cloud Home option from the drop-down list. It will automatically back up the data that is stored inside the synced folders.
by following the above instructions, You know how to auto back up data to wd My Cloud device