How To Change Tp Link Password?
Changing your router’s password makes your network more secure by preventing unauthorized users from accessing it.
Follow the below-mentioned steps how to change TP Link password.
- First, connect your TP-Link router to a computer with the help of a standard Ethernet cable.
- Next, power up the router and computer.
- Check whether you have firmly plugged the Ethernet cable into the router’s LAN port and the computer’s network port.
- You can also connect your computer wirelessly to the TP-Link router using wireless network credentials.
- After connecting the router to the computer, open the default browser.
- Enter the router’s IP address in the URL field to access the router’s login portal.
- You can identify the router’s IP address in three ways: from the label attached to the backside of the router, Command Prompt app on Windows, and Network window on Mac.
- On a Windows computer, click the Start menu and type ‘cmd’ in the search panel.
- Press Enter and give a right-click on the Command Prompt app from the search result.
- Next, select the Run as administrator option from the pop-up menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘ipconfig’ and press the Enter key.
- Scroll down the window to the Default Gateway section and note down the router’s IP address.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu at the top-left corner of the screen and select the System Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- By using these steps we can execute how to change Tp link password.
- Click the Network icon to open the Network window.
- Make sure to log on with administrative rights on your Mac.
- In the Network window, click the Advanced button at the bottom-right corner of the screen and note down the router’s IP address.
- In the router’s login portal, enter your default username and password to access the router’s settings page.
- If you are using an ADSL TP-Link router, click the Management tab and select the Access Control option.
- Click the Password tab from the left-side panel and enter your default router’s password in the Old Password field.
- Enter a strong password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click the Save/Apply button and log in to the router’s administrative interface with the new password.
- For the latest TP-Link router models, click the Advanced tab in the router’s settings page.
- Next, select System Tools and click the Administration tab from the left-side panel.
- Enter the router’s default password or old password in the Old Password field.
- Enter your new login password in the New Password and Confirm New Password fields.
- Click the Save button and try logging in to the router’s settings page again with the help of the new password.
If you having any further queries regarding how to change TP Link password, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.