How To Configure HP Color Laserjet Pro M255dw?
HP LaserJet Pro M255DW is a wireless laser printer that delivers fast print speeds up to 22 pages per minute. The device also comes with admirable features like automatic two-sided printing, remote mobile printing, etc. The device impresses you with color and efficiency and enables you to enjoy a seamless connection with wired and wireless networks. You can experience easy printing and scanning from your smartphone with the help of the HP Smart app. Let us see how to Configure HP Color Laserjet Pro M255dw.
Steps to set up the HP Color Laser-Jet Pro M255DW printer
Step 1: Unboxing the HP LaserJet Pro M255DW printer
- Unpack the printer and all the components from the package.
- Remove all the protective tapes and seals from the printer.
- Place the printer near the power outlet so that you can connect it easily.
Step 2: Load the paper
- Open the paper cassette of the HP Color LaserJet Pro M255DW printer.
- Squeeze the adjustment latches to align the paper guide and to make the paper fit inside.
- Place the paper by keeping the printable side facing up.
- Adjust the paper guide to hold the paper tightly and make sure that the edges of the paper do not get damaged.
- Close the paper cassette.
Step 3: Turn on the HP Color LaserJet Pro M255DW printer
- Connect one of the ends of the power cord to the back of the printer and plug the opposite end into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button on the HP LaserJet printer and make sure that the printer turns on.
- Access the printer’s touchscreen to choose the Language, Date, and Time.
Step 4: Connecting the HP Color LaserJet Pro M255DW printer
- Turn on the Wi-Fi router and make sure that the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Tap on the Home screen and select the Network icon on the Home screen.
- Choose the Network Wi-Fi off option and select the Settings option from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- The HP printer will search for the available Wi-Fi networks nearby.
- Select the Wi-Fi network name and ensure that you provide the correct SSID details.
- Wait until the connected message appears on the desktop.
Step 5: Installation of software
- Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network to which the printer is connected.
- Go to the HP official web page, select the printer driver from the Support page, and click Download.
- Ensure that you download the software that supports your OS.
- Wait until the downloading process gets completed.
- Install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Select Wireless connection on the Choose a connection method screen and click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and wait until the successfully connected message appears on the desktop. Now we have learned how to configure HP color laserjet pro M255DW.