How To Connect Amazon Fire Stick To Wifi Without Remote ?
Connect Amazon Fire Stick To Wifi Without Remote
Using the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can get streaming content on any television. You will require only a wireless internet connection and a television with an HDMI port. That is why people who love to travel always take the Fire TV Stick along with them wherever they go. They just have to enter the Wi-Fi password of their hotel or any other place of stay, to access the device. However, at times, you might forget to take the remote control with you. No worries. There are some methods to Connect Amazon Fire Stick To Wifi Without Remote. You can also continue using the Fire TV Stick without the remote after you have connected it to the internet.
Now, HDMI-CEC comes into play.
HDMI-CEC is the abbreviation of HDMI-Consumer Electronics Control. It allows interoperability among devices that connect through HDMI. CEC is an optional feature, and many of the high-quality televisions support it. An HDMI-CEC remote can control several devices such as Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV Stick. If your television is supporting the CEC feature, there is no need to worry. In case your television does not support the CEC feature, or you have turned it off on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you might get the following idea: Why can’t I use my smartphone as a remote for my Amazon Fire TV Stick? You might think so because there is a Fire TV app available for your smartphone. And, you think you can use the smartphone like a remote at home at any time of the day, utilizing the voice controls.
But the fact is that you cannot do so because of the following reasons:
- Your smartphone and the Amazon Fire TV Stick have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your Amazon Fire TV Stick has been set up to function on your home Wi-Fi network, which you cannot carry to every place you visit.
- Since you cannot change the Fire TV Stick’s network connection to that of your local Wi-Fi network, your smartphone and the Fire TV Stick cannot communicate with each other.
- Therefore, you cannot use your smartphone as the remote for your Fire TV Stick.
How to connect your Amazon Fire TV Stick to Wi-Fi without using a remote?
Follow the instructions given below to Connect Amazon Fire Stick To Wifi Without Remote control:
- First, set up your smartphone or any other suitable device as a wireless hotspot. Next, enable the hotspot. While enabling it, set the SSID and password of your home network as those of the hotspot. Ensure that you have attuned the Fire TV Stick to this home network.
- Choose a second device like a tablet or a borrowed phone. You will need this device only for a short time.
- Now, install the Amazon Fire TV app on the second device. Then, run the app.
- On your second device, connect to the hotspot that you created a few minutes back (in the first step).
- At this point, the second device, which is acting as the remote control, and your Fire TV Stick are connected to a single Wi-Fi network. Now, these two devices can see and communicate with each other.
- It is now time to connect the Amazon Fire TV Stick to your television. Please do it now. The second device can now see and control your Fire TV Stick.
- Now, make use of the second device to reset the Fire TV Stick’s network connected to that of your local Wi-Fi network. This local Wi-Fi network will be that of your hotel or any other place where you are staying for the while.
- Finally, you can turn off your wireless hotspot.
You can now start using the first (the smartphone or any other suitable device mentioned previously) or the second device as the remote control for your Amazon Fire TV Stick. You only need the SSID and the password of the last (or most recent) network to which you connected the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You have now successfully connected your Amazon Fire TV Stick to Wi-Fi without using a remote control.
To Connect Amazon Fire Stick To Wifi Without Remote,contact our technical support by availing the call button available on this screen.