How To Set Up Arlo Security Light
How To Connect Arlo Pro 2 To Alexa ?
By making use of the Arlo Skill and Alexa, you can access your Arlo cameras, security lights, and Audio doorbell. You can do this using voice commands.
Arlo Skill allows you to ask Alexa to view the live feed from your cameras. You can also ask Alexa to watch the control settings for your lights through the Echo Spot, Echo Show, Fire TV, or Fire tablets.
Following is the list of devices that support Arlo Skill:
- Arlo Ultra - Models VMC5040 and VMS5x40)
- Arlo Pro 2 - Models VMC4030p and VMS4x30p
- Arlo Baby - Model ABC1000
- Arlo Audio Doorbell - Model AD1001
There are a few more devices that support Arlo Skill.
Alexa will notify you when a person presses your Arlo doorbell. Alexa also informs you when the Arlo camera detects some motion. From the Smart Home section of your Alexa App, turn on Announcements for your Arlo Pro 2 camera or Arlo Audio Doorbell.
- Ensure your Arlo Pro 2 is set up and turned on.
- Ask Amazon Alexa to enable Arlo Skill. You can achieve this by saying, “Alexa, enable Arlo Skill.” By saying this, you will be getting instructions in the Alexa App to link your Arlo account with your Alexa account.
An alternative to connecting your Arlo Pro 2 to Alexa will be:
- In the Alexa App, locate Arlo Skill.
- Now, choose the Enable Skill button to link your Arlo account with the Alexa account.
- From now onwards, you can begin using Arlo Skill.
Try the following commands on Alexa:
- “Alexa, turn on front yard light.”
- “Alexa, show the front door camera.”
- “Alexa, stop.”
When you say, “Alexa, show the latest motion detected by the front door camera,” you can watch the last motion video that was captured by your security camera.
The compatible Amazon Alexa devices are:
- Echo Spot
- Echo Dot
- Echo Show
- Echo, Echo Plus
- All generations of Fire TV.