How To Connect Canon Printer To Phone?
You can connect your Canon or any printer to your smartphone easily and quickly if the machine supports Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct. If you’re using an iOS device and your printer supports AirPrint, then just connect both the devices to the same network and use it as per your needs.
This page explains "how to Connect Canon Printer to Phone."
HOW TO CONNECT ANDROID PHONE TO CANON PRINTER?
You can use either the Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct method to connect your Android phone to the Canon printer. The following instructions explain the connectivity setup using the Wi-Fi Direct method.
Note: We have taken the Canon TR-7020 printer as an example in the below section.
- Turn on your Canon printer if it is turned off.
- Now, select the Device Settings option from the home screen of your printer.
- Select LAN settings > Wireless Direct > Connect to smartphone > OK > Other. Note down the Wi-Fi Direct credentials displayed on your printer screen.
- Now, on your Android phone, enable the Wi-Fi option.
- Select your printer’s network name from the list and type its password in the given field.
- Tap Connect.
- Once the devices are connected to the same network, install the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on your smartphone.
- Launch the app and add the printer to the Printers list.
- Finally, print a page or document to check whether the connectivity process is made successfully.
HOW TO PRINT FROM IPHONE TO CANON PRINTER?
If your Canon printer supports the AirPrint feature, follow the below instructions to print a document from your iPhone.
- Initially, connect your iPhone and the Canon printer to the same wireless network. (Note: Contact our experts if you need technical support in connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network).
- Next, open the photo or document that you want to print on your iPhone.
- Tap Share > Print.
- Select your Canon printer.
- Configure the print settings as per your needs.
- Tap Print.
HOW TO PRINT FROM IPHONE TO CANON PRINTER WITHOUT AIRPRINT?
The Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app allows you to print a document from your iPhone to the Canon printer without AirPrint.
- Connect your printer and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on your iPhone.
- Launch the app.
- Select the document type that you wish to print.
- Finally, tap Print. Now we have learned how to connect canon printer to phone.
Contact our technical experts if you need to know more about how to connect the Canon printer to your phone.