HOW TO CONNECT GMAIL TO WINDOWS LIVE MAIL
Configuring all your email accounts in Windows Live Mail enables you to access your emails in a single destination. If you are looking for the correct procedure for connecting your Gmail account to Windows Live Mail, this is the right place for you. Read this article and connect your Gmail account to Windows Live Mail.
Enable IMAP in your Gmail account
- To begin with, you should enable IMAP in your Gmail account. To do so, open Gmail in your web browser and sign in to your account with the appropriate credentials.
- Hit on the Settings (gear) icon at the upper-right corner and click the See all Settings button. Then, go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Under the IMAP access section, select the radio button next to Enable IMAP and click the Save Changes button.
- That’s it. You have enabled IMAP in your Gmail account. To connect your Gmail account to Windows Live Mail, proceed with the following section.
Steps to connect your Gmail account to Windows Live Mail
Configuring your Gmail account in Windows Live Mail is much easier than you think, as you don’t need to configure your settings manually. Follow these instructions for the detailed procedure.
- On your desktop, launch the Windows Live Mail application.
- Go to the Accounts tab ad click Email.
- In the Add your email accounts window, enter the required credentials.
- In the Email address field, enter your Gmail account address. In the Password field, enter the respective password. Check the Remember this password option and click on the Next button.
- Now, Windows Live Mail will gather your Gmail account’s emails, and once the downloading process gets completed, it will show you the Success message.
- From now on, your Gmail account will be listed in Windows Live Mail’s navigation pane. So, you can send and receive your emails from your Gmail account.
If you face any issues while connecting your Gmail account to Windows Live Mail, reach out to us for remote assistance.